Ch. 54- Pressure at Homecoming

(Skip to Saturday)

Deja's POV

I wake up and I'm honestly nervous. The plan is to go to Cameron's place while Ava's going to tell David that I'm not going to Homecoming. A part of me feels guilty as I don't want to necessarily hurt David's feelings. I know that that sounds bad, but it's the truth. I wouldn't want to get stood up at Homecoming. It's a very embarrassing thing.

Oh well, he should've thought about that before that one incident happened.

Of course, my mom has no idea that I plan to ditch David. If my mom did, she'd probably try to convince me to not do it. The plan is to leave the house a couple hours before Homecoming starts and then make my way over to Cameron's place.

My phone goes off. I assume that it's David with his excited-ass attitude, but it's actually Cameron.

CBDS😍: You ready?

Me: To skip Homecoming?

CBDS😍: No, for Jesus' second coming, yes I'm talking about Homecoming.

Me: Why'd you have to bring my man's Jesus into this tho?

CBDS😍: Listen, do you want me to help you skip Homecoming or not?

Me: You know the answer to that and you wouldn't even let me go to it with him anyway.

CBDS😍: You never know.

Me: I know that you're not that bipolar.

CBDS😍: I'm not bipolar, I'm indecisive. Btw bipolar is more than just mood swings

Touché.

~~~

It's about 7 pm when I make the decision to go downstairs. It sounds like a pretty simple task, but I know that my mom will be hounding me as soon as I get downstairs.

"Deja, it is 7 pm." She says with her hand on her hip.

"Ma, I know what time it is."

"Then, why are you trying to leave the house?"

"All I did was go downstairs, what makes you think that I'm leaving?"

"That's the only reason why you come downstairs."

"I go downstairs for that reason and getting food, actually." I inform. "Why don't you think I'm just going to do that?"

"Well, you ate like 20 minutes ago."

"How do you know that I don't want a snack?"

"Okay, you can get your snack and then hurry up and start getting prepared."

"Oh, I'm not getting a snack, I'm leaving." I say, walking towards the door.

My mom walks in front of the door, preventing me from getting into the garage.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going over to Ava's house. She needs help getting ready."

"Oh, then I might just stop by and check on the progr-"

I cut her off. "Oh, that's not needed. If you were there, you would honestly slow down the progress, you know. Plus, after we're done, we're probably just gonna go right to the school."

"Wait, there's something wrong with this situation."

"Which is..." I manage to get out after swallowing the lump in my throat.