Ch. 37- Another Day, Another Kiss

~~~

Deja's POV

I close the door behind me. Suddenly, the kiss that I had with Cameron ten minutes ago comes into my mind. I wonder why, considering that I'm home right now and I'm not thinking about Cameron. What I'm thinking about is the ice cream cake and the leftover lasagna that's sitting in the refrigerator.

I put the cake in the freezer and open the refrigerator. I reach to the back of it and pull out the lasagna tray. I lift the aluminum foil with the word "mom" written on it in permanent marker.

I've already disobeyed my mom by driving her Audi so, why stop now? One missing slice isn't going to kill her. Plus, she's three hours away, doing lord knows what, with this being the only source of food I have for dinner.

What does she want me to do, starve?

I mean, I do know how to cook, but I'm not doing that if I don't have to. I have cereal and milk, but I'd be starving myself if I had that for dinner. Yes, I'm a teenager, actually a legal adult, but I care about my diet.

Legal adult, that sounds really weird.

Now, I'm only one year younger than Cameron. I don't know why I stated that fact because it doesn't matter. My mom said the oldest boys I can date can be a year older than me. This is one of the rules that I actually obey.

So, Cameron and I could date now since there's only one year between us at the moment. Why am I even entertaining that idea when Cameron doesn't even want to date me?

There's a possibility that Cameron likes me, but I don't think that he does and I'm not going to embarrass myself by asking him.

It's times like these where I wish that I still had Tiara to spill all this to. She would give me advice, good or bad, and we'd be able to laugh at my feelings for Cameron.

It was at that moment while I was stuffing my mom's lasagna into my face that I heard the garage door opening.

"Where are my keys?" My mom asks as soon as she gets into the house.

"Your Toyota keys were with you when you went to Ocean City." I say, looking down at the plate of lasagna on the table.

"I know where those are. I was talking about my Audi keys."

"Oh yeah. You left them here." I quickly say before stuffing my face some more. "This lasagna is so good."

"Did you drive anywhere?"

"No. I was in this house."

"You sure, because the lights are still on in the car."

I thought the lights were supposed to go out a few minutes after you left the car. I didn't know they'd be on for a good 10 minutes. That sounds like something to look into.

"I didn't go anywhere. I just sat in the car, to smell the fresh leather." I convincingly try to lie. "Did you know that new cars smell really nice?"

When I was little, I had an obsession with smelling things so, my lie just might convince.

"Where'd you go, Deja?"

"I went over to Tiara's house."

"I thought Tiara wasn't your friend."

When did my mom find that out? I do not remember telling her that fact. I wouldn't tell my mom that anyway.

"Where'd you get that factoid?" I ask.

"You know that Tiara's mom and I are close friends." she reminds me. "I literally just left Panera with her."

"You had dinner with her mom while I'm over here starving?"

"Sure, now what'd you do?"

"I'm confused."

"Her mom said that Tiara was left in tears after you left her house early last week."

I'm appalled that my mom would think that I'm the reason our friendship ended. Everything is so one-sided with my mom.

"You always choose other people over me, your own daughter." I say before grabbing my lasagna and getting up from the table.

"Wait, that's my lasagna." She shouts upstairs.

I close my door and place my plate on the table at the end of my bed.

I turn on the TV and Teen Wolf comes on. I'm midway through the program when my phone goes off.

Dad: I'm finally moved in so, here's the new address.

Me: Okay, great. Did you tell mom yet or do you want me to tell her?

Dad: Don't tell her.

Oh, here we go. Time for me to prepare myself to be in the middle of my parents once again. I can sense that fights like last week's are going to occur more frequently than before.

After that text, I get a text from Cameron.

CBDS😍: How tf do you leave your book bag when it's right next to the door?

Me: You know I'm ditzy sometimes.

~~~
(Next Day)

I knock on his door and he opens it up. This time, he's dressed in his signature black hoodie and joggers. I really wish that he had on his previous fit.

I walk in and grab my book bag from in front of the door. I'm about to leave when Cameron calls my name.

"You know, you look really pretty in those clothes."

I look down at my outfit. I just have a black crop top with a black bomber jacket on and black leggings to match. It's nothing spectacular, but if Cameron says it is, then it is.

"Thanks." I say, turning around like I'm in a fashion show.

He walks closer to me and I lose my breath a little. Immediately, his lips touch mine and I can feel my knees already start to buckle. Luckily, he puts his arm around my waist for security.

Not breaking the kiss, I wrap my legs around his waist and wrap my arms around his neck. He walks us over to his room. Once he reaches it, he lays me down on his bed. He breaks the kiss to take off my shirt.

He starts leaving a trail from my neck down. Just as he's about to reach the lower half of my body,

I wake up.

"Nooooooooo!" I exclaim while sitting up in my bed, movie scene style.

Vote, Comment, Share, Follow

I was looking at the bwwm and interracial tags and saw that my book was in the hot section on there so, thats lit. Thx for 25k views too.