Ch. 46- That's Her?

Cameron's POV

What did I say? Out of all the stupid things I have said and done, this definitely tops the list. My motto is to wait for the girl to say something first before making any moves. That way, you'll know whether the girl is someone you should or shouldn't waste your time on.

Why would I like someone just for them to run away from me?

Deja's silence scares me. Hopefully, she doesn't actually take what I said as truth. My thoughts get interrupted by Deja's voice.

"Right, we're both hormonal." She says after the long silence passes.

"Yep."

"I have some homework to do so, I'll see you tomorrow." She says before the call drops.

I think I've messed up our friendship. Of course, a relationship would be nice, but I don't want to hurt her. She doesn't want me. I don't care about what she says about me or my muscles. She does not want me.

Deja's POV

I freaked out. This FaceTime call could've been the start of something new (and it feels so right to be here with you...I'll get home), but I had to go ahead and mess it up. Cameron literally confessed his feelings and I missed my opportunity. Luckily, another opportunity will come tomorrow.

I always have this perfect plan, but then I can never act on it. I just get so jumbled and my mind can't function. Maybe there's something in Cameron's cologne that makes me so dazed.

~~~
(Next Day)

I wake up to the sound of my phone's ringtone. Still groggy and half-asleep, I answer the phone, not even bothering to look at the caller ID.

"Hello." I say before clearing my throat.

"Hi, Deja." A deep voice says. It must be my dad's.

"Sup, dad."

"Yeah, do you think you could have lunch today at my house?"

"Wait, I thought you said that you'd like to have dinner tomorrow."

"Something's come up. Since you have something to do tonight, I was thinking we could move it up a few hours."

"Sure, what time?"

"3:30 if that works."

Now that I'm kind of woken up, I check the time. It's 1 pm. I don't even remember what time I went to sleep.

"Yeah, that's fine, let me get my sh-stuff together." I say, praying that he didn't almost hear me curse.

"Bye, Deja." He says before the call drops.

I hop out of bed and run into my bathroom. I do my normal routine, go to my closet to get the usual crop top and leggings. Yes, it is fall, but if I put a hoodie on, I'll be okay.

I go downstairs, ready to get going on some Frosted Mini Wheats. While I'm down there, I can tell my mom about where I'm going.

"Okay, so dad call-"

Before I can even finish what else I was about to say, I remember that my mom isn't home. She's off with her boyfriend. I would never think that this would be possible, but I miss my mom questioning me. It just doesn't feel like a Saturday without that.

After pouring my cereal and milk into the bowl, I turn on my phone to check my Snapchat. On Tiara's story, there's a video of music blasting. There's girls grinding on boys and girls face eating boys. Among those girls, there's Tiara. It disgusts me. I'm honestly worried about Tiara. I just feel like she's done a complete 180°.

Even though Tiara is a twisted little girl that is cut off from my life, I can't change the history that we have. I can't change the fact that some of my best life moments have been with her.

She may be a bitch now but she hasn't always been.

With hesitation, I go ahead and text Tiara.

Me: Please don't do this, T.

Two T's: Don't do what? Don't become popular?

Me: Don't be a hoe.

Two T's: It's funny how you're telling me these things. You switched from David to Cameron so fast it made my head spin.

Me: Fun fact, I'm just friends with Cameron and David, atm.

Two T's: Oh sure. Which one did you open your legs for? Was it the bad boy that everyone wants or did you bust it open for the devil? Better yet, both?

I take a second to calm down. I breathe in and out slowly to prevent myself from sending this girl a paragraph.

Me: I'll take option D. Neither.

Two T's: Is there a new guy that I don't know about yet? Stop lying to yourself, you're not virgin Mary.

Me: I'm not lying to myself because I'm a virgin. Keep on telling yourself that the boys that you're kissing actually like you.

On that note, Tiara stops the conversation. Great, I hit a nerve. Knowing Tiara, she's probably going to screenshot these texts and then post them on her snap even though they won't do anything.

She'll just do it to try and show me that she has a degree of power now.

~~~

I hop in the Audi and punch in the address my dad gave me a week ago. Because of me, this Audi has seen way too many street addresses for it to only be driven about 10 times so far.

I turn on the radio and pretend like I'm in the music videos of the songs that play. I seriously feel bad for the people beside me at the lights, because I'm definitely looking like a crackhead with my dance moves.

A few minutes later, I arrive at my dad's house. It's pretty big and is definitely a size upgrade from his old house back in Maryland. The engaged life sure is good, I guess.

I ring the doorbell and soon a woman opens it up. She looks like she's in her mid to late twenties. She's white with a form-fitting dress that looks like she's not breathing in.

"Um, hello?" She asks.

"Sorry, I must've gotten the wrong house." I say, turning around to go back to my car.

Hopefully, I just got the wrong house. My dad with a woman that much younger than him just freaks me out a tad.

"Deja, where are you going?" My dad asks, walking in front of the woman.

Dammit, I didn't get the wrong house. I walk back up to the front door. My dad invites me in.

"So, this is Margot." My dad introduces.

I glance at her fingers and notice a big ass diamond ring. My mom's wedding ring wasn't even that big. I'm starting to get a little salty.

Vote, Comment, Share, Follow

This book made it to 55 in teen fiction today. Thx guys for the reads, votes and comments. *teardrop* *teardrop*

Also, I stared at the eclipse today with those special glasses. It was kinda cool, but the place where I live didn't have a total eclipse.