Chapter 18

-un edited- 

Harry’s POV

Well, today’s the day. I’m going to attempt to get Louis back. It had been a week since we had practised the song and I was starting to get nervous. What if Louis doesn’t accept my apology and leaves me? My life wouldn’t be the same without him.

“Hey Haz. Are you ready for the plan to go into action?” Ashton sang happily as he walked through the front door of my house. My bedroom was full of screwed up paper with failed song lyrics and poems that I was working on for Louis. Ashton grabbed some of the paper balls and threw them in the bin before opening a guitar case and resting the guitar on his lap. “Ready?” He asked getting comfortable and strumming a random tune. I sat next to Ashton and nervously closed my eyes waiting for my cue to sing. I sang the song as confidently as possible and let Ashton finish the last few notes. I smiled happily remembering that there is a 50/50 chance that I’m getting my boyfriend back today. “Great Harry” Luke said from the doorway clutching Calum’s arm and pulling him into the room. I sighed happily and looked at Ashton “One more run through?”

Louis’ POV

“So Mr Irwin” I started looking around for the stone I was kicking down the street “Where are we going?”. Ashton had said he needed to get me out of the house. I don’t know why because I was quite happy sitting around thinking about the break up and how much I hated Harry at the moment. “I dunno” He shrugged looking at me with a blank expression re positioning his jacket on his shoulders. I sighed and carried on walking down the street kicking a new stone that I had picked up from the curb. We carried on kicking stones for a couple of minutes before we came across the park at the other end of the place where we live. “Race you to the swings” I yelled sprinting towards the entrance to the play area. “You’re on Tomlinson” Ashton yelled back trying to catch up with me. I heard his footsteps rapidly hitting the ground right behind me and I tried to run faster and try to dodge his hands that were flying around helplessly trying to yank the back of my tshirt. I took a quick look behind my back and saw Ashton bent over breathing heavily leaning against a tree with one hand. I smirked at him but didn’t notice the tree branch that was lying on the ground in front of me. Before I had time to react, my foot hit it and I fell forward and landed funny on my leg and grazed my elbow. By this time Ashton had caught up with me and was kneeling next to me assessing my leg, which I think is broken, and was wrapping my elbow in a bandage that had mysteriously appeared from his back pocket.

*~*~*~*~

 “I bet you can’t jump off from that height”. We were sat on the swings at the far end of the playground and being the children we are, were daring each other to do all sorts of childish things. “Oh really” Ashton said daringly swinging his legs in attempt to get the swing higher but, really, it was only slowing him down. “Let the pro show you how its done” He said and I inwardly laughed at his childishness.

Harry’s POV

“I told you to put it there” Luke yelled annoyingly at Michael who was lent against a polished black piano. “No you didn’t” Michael said emotionlessly back at him sipping on a glass of orange juice that he has helped himself from the Kitchen. All the two had been doing all the time we had been here was argue and its enough stress that I have to put on a good performance and I was as nervous as hell without them arguing and adding more. “ Luke c’mon man its ok where it is and I’m getting sick of you two arguing about the littlest of things” I sighed rubbing the bridge of my nose. The two split and Michael smirked at Luke who was angrily muttering things under his breath and storming to the other end of the living room. Now that they had stopped I had more time to sort things out without getting interrupted by constant disagreements.