Day by day

While I was off I adjusted to my meds. I actually started to feel like myself for once. Where things weren't out of control. Val stopped by as did the guys to check up on me. My mood had been a lot better and I could actually stand to be around people for more than ten minutes.

I still needed some time to completely adjust to the meds. Jordan said it could take up to two weeks. While I was home I found out Brent wasn't going to press charges. He had some convincing from some people with the understanding that maybe it was time for new scenery. I didn't have any remorse what so ever. The guy was an asshole and deserved it.

I still had doubts about Val and Ryder not having an interest in each other. I guess I was paranoid but history has a way of rearing its ugly head, like one night I heard laughter coming from my brother's room. Female laughter to be exact.

I got up to see which flavor of the week it was this time, only to get a surprise of my own. I stood at the door as Ryder said in between laughs, "hey brother. You should hear some of the shit Val has had to deal with."

I just stood there as Val added while laughing, "yeah things get crazy in Vegas."

While they laughed I just stood there until I said, "I guess I'd have to be there to understand." My tone was cold with no emotion and they stopped laughing. Yeah, no interest what so ever. Uh huh sure.

"Ryker. Come on," Ryder said. "Val was going to come see you. She just caught me on my way up."

"It's fine. I'm going to go for a walk," I said walking away.

"What was that about," Val asked.

"History," he said and she gave him a look.

*****
I slammed out of the house, walking down the street. I had no destination in mind, just walking. I shoved my hands in my pockets as I walked. I needed to cool off. My blood was boiling.

As I walked I didn't realize someone was right behind me.

"Ryker!"

I kept walking.

"Ryker! Will you stop?!"

I stopped and turned around, "what?!"

"What is your problem?"

"Who says I have a problem?"

"Oh I don't know by storming out all because I was talking to Ryder," she shot back.

I looked at her, "Ryker I am allowed to talk to whoever I want. Just because you're letting your jealousy get the best of you, doesn't mean I have to deal with it."

"I'm not jealous."

"Oh really? Because it seems you are quite jealous by the way you left. I told you I don't do games. When you decide to be mature, then you know where to find me. Until then grow up," she said with her hand on her hip. I just stood there and she turned around and walked away.

Oh Valerie there is so much you don't know.

******
While I was home from school, I stayed mostly in my room. When I would hear the guys or Val, I didn't bother to come out. I wasn't being petty or jealous. I just didn't want to go through what I went through the last time. It wasn't worth it.