Suck it buttercup

I ran out of the diner and he was leaning against his car, "get in."

"How do I know you're telling me the truth with who you say you are? You could be some killer or perve," I said.

He rolled his eyes, then stood up and walked towards me, "first things first. If I wanted you dead, you would be dead. Second, guys aren't my thing, that's Nik's department. Third, stop being a royal pain in the ass and get into the fucking car." He turned and climbed into his car.

I walked over and climbed into the passenger side. Then we took off.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see," he said glancing at me while he smirked. Great, I had no idea who this guy was. All I knew was he claimed to be a cousin. I wasn't sure if this was a good idea or not. Guess I was about to find out.

******
We pulled up to a house and he got out of the car, "are you going to sit there or come in?"

I watched as he opened the door and went inside. I got out of the car and shoved my hands into my pockets and went inside. I stood there looking around. The house was spacious.

A girl walked up to me, "are you just going to stand there?"

"What?"

"Guess so. Dad! What kind of nut job did you bring home?!"

"Lena! The only nut jobs in this house is you and your mother," Liam yelled back.

I furrowed my eyebrows, this girl had a mouth on her. As I stood there a woman came through the front door and dropped something. I turned around to see her staring at me. I looked her up and down. She was average height, real slim and brown hair with blue eyes and she looked terrified.

"You okay," I asked.

"Y-yes. L-Lena go get your father," she said, her voice shaking.

"Mom?"

"Go," she ordered.

God this lady thinks I'm here to hurt her. Great I left because of drama only to get smack with more drama.

"Excuse me," I said quickly walking past her and outside while she stared at me. I didn't know who this guy was or who these are people are. He claims to be a cousin but I have no idea who most of my family is since I don't see them often.

I quickly grabbed my bag and walked off. I didn't need to be accused of something I didn't do. Not again.

"Mel? Where's Ryker," Liam asked walking into the foyer.

"Whose Ryker," she asked him a bit confused.

"The guy who was standing in the house. Where is he?"

"He left."

"What do you mean he left?"

"I-I didn't know who he was," she stammered.

He walked over and placed his hands on her shoulders, "relax. Ryker is Liz and Drew's boy. Look I'm going to go look for him. Lock the doors and I'll be back," he said giving her a kiss on the forehead. She nodded and he left to go find me.

*****

I had no idea where I was headed. I just knew I was in Phoenix, Arizona in the middle of nowhere. At some point I needed to find a place to crash. As I walked I came to a highway. I made a left and just followed the road to anywhere it took me.

As I walked, a car drove past me and came to a halting stop. Then it backed up and stopped next to me, "get in."

Not this guy again.