A different kind of first date

After Halloween I decided I wanted to show Val how much she meant to me. I decided to plan our first official first date. I wanted to make it special. Tonight was just going to be our first date, it was going to be the night I officially asked her to be my girl.

The one thing I did was make sure she dressed warm and casual. I didn't need anything fancy. Just her and me was that all mattered.

I showed up at her door and knocked. Cage answered it, "Ryker."

"Hey Mr. Wesley," I said. Man did I feel nervous.

"Call me Cage," he said his tone warm and friendly. I nodded and still felt nervous, so I shoved my hands in my jean pockets.

Val showed up at the door and she was wearing jean, sneakers and a warm hoodie. She gave Cage a kiss on the cheek, "see you later dad."

"Val, you got your meds," he yelled to her.

"Yes dad," she said waving him off. We walked to the car and I opened the door for her and she climbed in. I shut the door and climbed into the driver's side. I pulled out and headed to our first destination.

I pulled up to the lighthouse and got out of the car. I ran over to her door and opened it. Then I opened the trunk and pulled out a picnic basket. I closed the trunk and walked over to her. I took her hand and led her into the lighthouse. We made our way to the top.

Once we reached the top I pulled out a blanket out of the basket and laid it down and then I set the basket down, pulling the food out. She took a seat and I sat dow as well.

As we ate, we talked.

"This is really cool," she said to me.

"I'm glad you think so because there is something I wanted to ask you but before I do I need to tell you something," I said to her.

She looked at me, "okay."

"I wanted to tell you about Sam," I said slowly.

"Oh Ryker, you don't have to tell me," she started to say.

"I know but I want you to know and now I can talk about it," I said.

She got comfortable and said, "okay, lay it on me."

I took a deep breath, "Sam was a new girl I met last year. She was everything I thought I wanted until halfway through junior year, things changed and not for the better. She became unpredictable. I caught her doing drugs but she assured me that all she did was pot. I thought nothing of it. Then one night she took me over to this house. This guy she knew. He was a bit older so I didn't think anything of it. It wasn't until we started drinking and then she slipped me ecstasy. I was out of my mind and lost all inhibitions."

"Ryker you don't have to continue if you don't want to," she reassured me.

"No. I want to tell you this," I said to her.

"Okay," she said.

I continued, "that night got crazy. I won't go into specifics but that night I lost my virginity and also had a threesome with Sam and the guy."

I looked at her face trying to figure out if she was disgusted with me or not and she asked, "did you have sex with both of them?"

This was not the question I was ready for. I had not told anyone about that night, but I knew I couldn't hide it and I didn't want to lie about it. I only answered, "yes."

She sat up and looked at me. I just looked away. I knew what she was thinking. It was something I dreaded since that night. I hated telling her but if I wanted to be more, I didn't want any secrets between us.