Reunited and it feels so good

Since grandpa blew up Val's house, guess who had to stay with us? I didn't mind though. At least if Val was here I didn't have to worry about her. We wouldn't know of if they had been caught in the crossfire until the rubble had been gone through. As of right now, I guess I have a new roommate.

As I got her situated I heard a knock at the door, "hey Shay."

"You guys okay," he asked.

"Yeah. Thanks for the phone call by the way," I said.

"Yeah well, I would prefer not to have to make that call," he said to us.

"Still, thank you," Val said.

Then we heard Ryanne yell, "Shay it's your turn!"

"Got to go. We are having a heated battle of monopoly," he said waving to us.

"Is there something going on with those two," Val asked me.

"As far as I know. No. Shay has been a good friend to her," I said.

She smiled, "that's good."

Val got ready for bed and climbed into bed. I went into the bathroom and changed. I came out to see her parents sitting on the bed with her talking. They gave her a hug then her mom walked over and hugged me, "thank you for looking out for our baby."

I gave her a hug back and Cage gave me a hug as well. Then they left to go to bed. I sat down, "I think your parents like me."

"What's not to like besides all the brooding you do," she grinned.

"I don't brood."

"Uh huh, sure."

"I'll give you brooding," I said tickling her making her scream.

"Better not let dad hear her screaming. He might think something freaky is going on in here," Ryder said standing there with the other guys.

"Ryder has anyone ever told you, you have a dirty mind?"

"All the time brother," he smirked.

"Is there a reason you guys are here or are you going to bust balls," I asked them.

They walked in and all took a seat.

"Actually there is," Ryder said.

"And that is?"

"We don't think this is over. It's too easy," Evan said.

"Yeah, I know what you mean," I said. "First they torch our houses, then go after Shay after he turns his back on them, attacked Lena, then Zachery and now Val plus we still have no clue who hurt Ryanne."

"Has Ryanne said anything about that night," Frisco asked.

"No, she won't talk about it," Ryder said.

"Do you think maybe it was one of them," Evan asked.

"Maybe but unless she identifies him, we don't know," I said.

"Maybe she's talked to Shay about it," Evan said.

"Maybe. We'll talk to him later about it," Ryder said.

Val yawned and I looked at her, "tired?"

She nodded and I looked at the others, "we'll talk later. Val is tired."

"Sure," Ryder said as they got up and left turning off the light. She laid down and I cuddled up with her.

"She made a world of difference with him," Evan said.