Epilogue

I walked in to see her standing in front of the mirror studying her body. She looked beautiful. I walked over in just a towel from the shower I took and stood behind her. I reached around and placed my hand on her scar from when she had heart surgery.

Then I moved it down to her belly which had expanded as she was expecting our second child. A daughter. We decided on Mary to honor her mother.

"God your so beautiful," I said whispering into her ear. Her cheeks turned a faint pink. I started kissing her neck and let my towel drop to the floor. I slid inside of her from behind and took her like I had done so many times before becoming one.

Every time with her was amazing. I could never get enough of her. When we finished, we dressed and I heard little footsteps come in. I turned around as I heard Eli say, "daddy!"

"Hey buddy," I said picking him up. Dad appeared in the doorway.

"Someone was missing his dad," he said to me.

"You were," I asked feigning surprise.

"Yes," he said to me.

"Well, I missed you too," I said giving him kisses.

"How you feeling Val," dad asked.

"Considering your granddaughter is a bit of a kicker and rambunctious, pretty good," she waddled towards the door.

I carried Eli out of the room and downstairs. We headed out to the back yard as everyone was gathered for a BBQ. I took a seat at the table and held Eli on my lap as Val took a seat next to me. Ryder was busy chasing his boy around and Lucy was expecting their second one while Ryanne was on her third with Zander.

Granddad and grammie along with the many cousins, aunts, and uncles joined us.

Val looked at me, "so, did your story turn out okay?"

I looked at her, "no. It turned out better." She grinned and I gave her a kiss.

We may not end up where we think we should be but we end up where we're suppose to. Sometimes you just need the right people to believe in you and for me I had them all along.

I hope you enjoyed the offshoot with the Saintwood series. Ryker was something I had given a lot of thought to. I wanted to show the dynamics of different relationships. I also wanted to show that life isn't always easy and sometimes we have to make our own journey.

We all have a story, how we chose to tell it, is our choice. The people in our lives help shape it to what it is suppose to be whether they are there for a long time or a short time.

So, what is your story?