Problems, problems and more problems

The hospital released Ryanne a few days later and because of her being traumatized so badly, someone stayed with her at all times. Nighttime was the worse because she would wake screaming. Since she found out Shay found her, she actually grew an attachment to him. This proved to a cause of concern.

Even though we just found out about Shay we were still iffy about him. I also got a cast in my hand. When Val stopped by she was surprised needless to say.

"So, you're telling that while I was away, you're sister was attacked, you found out Shay is the kidnapped son of some distant family member and you broke your hand?"

"Yeah pretty much," I said looking at her as she paced back and forth then took a seat next to me on the bed.

"I think maybe I need to stop going away," she said.

"Which reminds me, why did you go away for a few days," I asked.

"I had to see a heart specialist. They think they can do something for me but it would involve a transplant," she said.

"Are you waiting for a transplant," I asked.

"For the last couple of years. They haven't found a match yet but I have hope," she said with a smile.

I grabbed her hand and interlocked our fingers, "so do I."

As we leaned in to kiss, we heard a blood curdling scream.

"What was that," Val asked.

The scream came again, "Ryanne." We both ran out of my room and towards Ryanne's. When we got there she was hysterical. I started towards her but Val stopped me. She went in and slowly eased towards her talking in a calm manner, "hey Ryanne. It's Val. Shhhh, I'm not going to hurt you."

I watched as she gently touched her, getting Ryanne to focus on her.

"You're okay. You're home. No one is going to hurt you. Okay?"

Ryanne nodded and Val got her to sit down on her bed. She sat with her and waved me away. I left them alone. As I headed downstairs I heard a knock at the door. I answered it to see Shay at the front door.

I looked at him, "I still don't trust you or like you."

"Ryker."

I gave him a look and he sighed, "I get it. I'm a piece of shit. Not like I haven't been told that my whole life."

"Do you want me to feel sorry for you because I don't," I said.

"Naw. I've learned a long time ago that the minute you mess with this family in any way, they never forget. Tell Ryanne I stopped by. I just wanted to check up on her," he said.

"And how do I know you're just checking up on her and not spying for Seb and Seth," I asked him.

"You don't and I don't blame you."

"Bye Shaggy," I said closing the door on him.

Yeah there was no way I was going to trust that guy. Not after what his adoptive family put me through.

*****
At school Shay was pretty much on his own. He had distance himself from Seb and Seth but not without a few run ins with them. We on the other hand still didn't know what to make of him. I know when it comes to family you're suppose to have each other's backs but what do you do when you know nothing about someone?

It wasn't until I was on my way out when I heard a bunch of commotion and came upon Shay getting a beat down by Seb and Seth. One thing I was always taught is it has to be a fair fight. This wasn't fair by any means. I decided to jump in and help him. Don't ask me why? I just did.