Chapter 1

The three thugs slowly approached the young man with no wariness whatsoever. They really don't know who or what they are dealing with.

"Hey, rich boy! How about you give me all of your fucking money?" The tallest thug demanded before pulling out a bowie knife from his pocket, "You think you're tough because you had a silver spoon in your mouth."

"Not really." The young man quickly corrected, "How about all of you should go to a bar and get some beer? I think you are all just bored."

All the shoulders of the thugs slowly slumped and their lustful eyes turned emotionless before their leader gently put back his bowie knife into his pocket.

"Yes. I think you are right." All the thugs agreed in unison, surprising Holly since the tone of their voice became robotic and they just obeyed a total stranger which doesn't make any sense.

The three thugs left as the raven haired man began approaching the whimpering and shocked school girl.

"Are you okay, little girl?" The young man asked with a concerned voice.

Holly straightened herself before wiping her face quickly to avoid letting the young man see her tears, "Thank you for that..."

"I'm Alex Garfield," The princely young man held out a hand, "Nice to meet you..."

"Holly Gavinson." The highschool student answered quickly before she took his pale hand and they shook.

Their hands suddenly parted ways when Alex looked at his gold watch, "I think you're gonna be late, Ms. Gavinson. Better hurry if you don't want to be late."

Holly widened her eyes at the realization and quickly ran off. She really is gonna report this to the authority and she will inform her friends about this, 'Crap! I forgot to say good bye to him.' She remembered as she turned her head around and found out that she is already far away and the young man is already gone.

~~~

In Red Valley High. The school was wide and huge. The pathways in the school was clean and tidy. There is a small fountain in the school's garden. There were students everywhere, walking and talking with their classmates in their everyday-life. The tall bronze gate kept them from skipping class.

In the principal's office, there sat an old woman on her desk. There was a bookshelf against the left wall. Stacks of books, pens, and files on the old woman's desk. It was pretty well organized.

The old woman is the principal. Her name is Heather Jenkins. She had brown long hair which was tied into a ponytail. Her face looks pretty young but she is actually 48 years old. She wore a brown blouse tucked in her black slacks.

Holly was there and she was standing in front of the principal. She had just finished explaining of why she was late, why she had shocked expression on her face, and how she got saved by a handsome young man.

"You got what?!" Heather exclaimed as she stood up. Based from her expression, she was actually surprised.

"I told you! A man saved me! I was really terrified, Mrs. Heather." Holly frantically explained. Well, she had never experienced this too much fear before.

Heather began approaching the shocked school girl before placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Well, are you okay? Are you hurt?" Heather asked, her voice filled with concern.

"I'm fine. Thanks to Alex." Holly slowly smiled.

"Who's Alex?"

"The man. He's the one who saved me." Holly answered. She still doesn't understand why the thugs obeyed him. It doesn't make any sense. It just doesn't.

"I see. Would you want to go home then? I don't think it's the right time for you to go to school right now. Get some rest." Heather suggested before she placed her hands on her hips.

"No. I'm fine." Holly looked down, seeing her legs was still trembling.

"Okay. I just don't want to see you doing something reckless."

"Sure." Holly weakly nodded before she faked a smile.

~~~

Somewhere in Red Valley, in one of the quiet street of part of town, a young man was walking with a cat-like grace. There were no wasted movement. His guard was always on. This man is none other than Alex Garfield. He then stopped when the view of a white mansion caught his sight. The mansion had a gate and it had two security officers guarding it.

Alex began walking to the gate before he was stopped by the first security officer.

"State your business?" The bodyguard asked.

"I'm Mr. Garfield, I'm here for Mr. Gavinson." Alex answered with a cold tone in his deep authoritative voice.

"You're the guy?" The second security guard asked, to which Alex nodded with both of his amber eyes narrowed, instantly giving the security guard the feeling mix of dread and fear. He doesn't know how. But those cold eyes of his is his best guess. His instincts was like telling him to stay away from him. Nevertheless, he gained control of himself. He has a job to do after all.

~~~

Holly sat down on her seat. She looked around and saw that every eyes were on her including her friends. The classroom was quiet for a moment before the teacher began teaching his lessons again.

"Hey, are you okay?" A whisper asked her from behind.

She turned around and saw a blue eyes of a boy. He had brown- red hair and a handsome face that girls would love. He wore the standard uniform of their school which consists of a white polo shirt and a white undershirt that is tucked in his slacks. His seat was just behind hers.

"I'm fine, Marvin." Holly reassured.

The boy known as Marvin frowned slightly only to sigh deeply before smiling to the mid-length brown haired girl.

"You have me worried there."

"I know. I'm fine really. Perfectly fine."

"Just be careful next time, okay?"

"Sure." Holly nodded and slowly grinned happily.

"EHEM!" A loud voice interrupted the couple. They turned around and saw their teacher.

The couple slowly bowed their heads and covered their faces with their books to avoid further embarrassment, hiding the blush on their faces.

~~~

Alex leaned back on his seat and faced a man in his mid-forties. He had brown messy hair. Like Alex, he wore a tuxedo, but it wasn't full black. His necktie was red and his undershirt was plain white. This man is none other than Gregory Gavinson. The father of Holly Gavinson. He was sitting across from the table. Two of them are in the dining room of The Gavinson Mansion.

The ebony haired man crossed his legs before smirking with confidence while Gregory looked at his laptop before him with wide blue eyes that are threatening to pop out.

"Have we come to an agreement?" Alex asked smugly.

Gregory kept looking at his laptop, ignoring the arrogant man's question until he decided to speak up.

"This is amazing. We could get billions out of this."

"So, is it good?"

Gregory gently closed his laptop then stood up from his seat and began walking to the perceptive young man.

"You got yourself a deal." He stopped when he held out a hand for Alex. The young businessman took Gregory's hand and they shook.