Chapter 12

'I hope this works.' Alex said inside his head as he began approaching the two security guards who are about to turn their full attention on him.

Then, in an instant, the two security guards stopped moving all of a sudden. Both of their eyes were emotionless and devoid of life. It's like they turned into a living human statue. They were barely breathing. Almost faint.

Alex stopped to look at them. Both of his amber eyes are calculating the two security guards.

'It worked.' Alex declared silently as he strode forward, past the gates and guards. Stopping the security guards' sense of time for a few minutes was too easy for him. Now, he just had to get past the maids or any other people inside the mansion.

~~~

Inside the Sheriff's office, Hector Silas crossed his arms as he leaned back against his seat. After hearing Levi's new leads, Silas is just pretty damn confused.

Why did John Levinson just ransacked the house of a newcomer in Red Valley and kidnapped this said newcomer's sister? Why would John do that? Is he really the murderer of five innocent young women? Or is he just another criminal? If so, then it's gonna be another big problem for the cops.

"Do you have any idea on where would Alex be right now?" Silas questioned the certain red head detective who is sitting in front of him.

"My best guess: He's probably looking for her all across the whole damn town." Levi answered quickly, his voice still monotonous.

"Then, do you believe John Levinson is the murderer?" Silas looked at Levi's calm amethyst orbs. Though, Silas' own dark-brown orbs were no match to Levi's. Levi's were more calculating but calm and cool.

"Absolutely." Levi agreed with a confident smirk, "But his name is not John Levinson for your information."

Silas raised an eyebrow at Levi's last statement, "What do you mean?"

"Have you even looked closely to that note I gave you?"

Levi's question made the blonde haired middle-aged Sheriff pulled the small note out of his pocket before reading it all over again.

The small note said: I got your precious little sister, Alex. The jokes on me hahahaha - John Levinson.

"What about it?" Silas asked. His facial expression bore confusion.

"John Levinson's handwriting is pretty much the same as Nicholas Benjamin."

Silas' dark-brown eyes suddenly opened wide in shock at Levi's answer, "But that's impossible! John Levinson doesn't even look like Nicholas. I even read his files too."

"The explanation for that is too easy. He must have changed his appearance and created a new identity. It's too easy nowadays."

"Are you serious, Levi?!"

The confident smirk of Levi was gone in an instant when Silas asked his question before he answered him with a serious expression on his face.

"Yes. John's method of killing so far fits Nicholas' killing pattern."

Then, the duo was interrupted when the door was opened by none other than Jed Sawyer himself. They turned their head around to see the rookie who was panting and had full of sweat on his face before he wiped it out with his hand.

"Sir, you're gonna want to see this." Jed declared while the two was a bit confused. What could have happened at this time?

It was Levi who spoke out his confusion. His curiosity had consumed him, "What is it? What just happened?"

~~~

Alex slowly opened the door to Holly's bedroom. What he saw inside only made him twitched his eyebrow in annoyance. He may have won but he still have to clean the mess that Nicholas made.

Inside Holly's bedroom, the certain mid-length brown haired teenager was lying on her own pool of blood. Her emerald eyes were open but lifeless and she wasn't breathing anymore.

Alex kneeled beside the dead school girl before he held her pale white hand.

~~~

A certain auburn haired teenager marveled at the mansion before him. This certain auburn haired teenager is none other than Marvin Iris himself. No matter how many times he had seen this mansion before, he always like watching it since this is where Holly lives. He was the prince and Holly was the princess he would save. But there lies a question: Save her from what?

Marvin turned his blue eyes to look at the two security guards who were laughing and talking. They seem to be having a good time.

He then approached them before the two turned their attention to the auburn haired teenager.

"What do you want, kid?" The first guard questioned as he crossed his muscular arms.

Marvin was about to reply but he was interrupted by the second guard, "Hey, I know you. You're that guy. Holly's date, right?"

Marvin mildly blushed at the second guard's question before he answered while rubbing the back of his head, "Yeah."

"So, you came here to see her?" The first guard questioned as he narrowed his brown orbs to the auburn haired teenager who only nodded yes at his question.

~~~

Holly opened her emerald orbs and the first thing she was the ceiling of her own bedroom. She tried to sat up but a sudden pain all over her body made her lie back. She then put her hand on her forehead which was unusually warm. No, it was hot. Too hot to be normal. Holly guessed that she must have gotten a fever. But there is a huge question lingering inside her mind.

Just what the heck happened to her?

She doesn't know for sure of why she is a confused, but she's already guessing. Why can't she remember of what happened to her today? First, she was chatting to Marvin in the living room and she suddenly found herself lying on her own bed with a fever? That's just doesn't make any sense.

~~~

Marvin was about to step inside but he suddenly stopped moving like the two security guards behind him. They were like a statue.

The source of this abnormality was none other than Alex who just stepped outside the mansion. He is done here. The time has come for him to leave the premises.

~~~

Inside a small prison cell, Levi was staring at an emotionless Nicholas who was sitting on his bed. He was confused. Why did Nicholas turn himself in? And he even confessed every crime he did! Including the one that he was the murderer of five young women. That is so out of his character. It's not like him.

There was only one question inside Levi's head, and the answer to this question could solve every mystery surrounding this.

'Just what the hell did you to him, Alex?'