Chapter 15

Levi leaned back on his seat before he took a deep sigh out of stress and tiredness. Right now, he's in a cheap lousy park in Red Valley. The park was small and only a few people seem to enjoy and visit this place.

To the public eye and the police force in Red Valley, the case about Nicholas Benjamin have been solved. But to Levi Lawton, it wasn't. He still believes that something is missing and fishy about Nicholas' confession. It just made him uneasy and suspicious since why would a ruthless twisted serial killer like Nicholas would confess his crimes to the police? Why would he do that? Why would he want to go back in jail? Levi knew Nicholas that he would exact vengeance on him when he got out last time. But all Nicholas did was murder five innocent young women before surrendering to the police with no logical reason. Levi knew Nicholas hated jail more than anything, so why would he surrender? It was a mystery that Levi wanted to solve. But then something happened, after Nicholas' confession, it was announced to the public and the police station that the case had been solved and Levi was ordered to stop his investigation.

Since then, there haven't been another incident in Red Valley for two weeks, and it has made Levi bored and also suspicious.

All he has been doing was doing the paper work in the station. Sometimes, he just wanted something bad to happen just so he could get out of boredom and work on a new case.

He still haven't had a single idea to solve the mystery behind the enigmatic Alex Garfield. Levi wanted to greet the young man in person, but he has been so busy as of now. He even thought about spying on him and secretly put cameras and bugs inside his house. But since that would be pretty much illegal, Levi discarded that thought immediately.

The red head detective closed both of his amethyst eyes for minutes until the phone inside his pocket rang.

Levi quickly pulled it out and putted the phone near his ear. He was both excited and thrilled since the only reason people would call him is that if they were about to give him a new case to solve. And that made Levi smile wickedly like a madman who had just found a new victim to kill.

"What is it?" Levi questioned even though he already knew the answer.

"I got a new case for you to solve, Levi. And you're gonna love this one." Levi's hope skyrocketed while he started to crack his fingers. It was a 'bingo' for him, "But first, you need to get your ass onto a plane right now."

"I already figured that I have to go to a faraway place. So, where will I go?"

"Detroit."

"Detroit!? I think that's a bit too far, don't you think?"

"Ugh! Will you do it or not?"

Levi narrowed his eyes before he spoke out his answer, "Are you kidding me? Of course, I'll do it."

With that, Levi ended the call before standing up and called his trusted Butler Donald Clay on the phone.

"It's me, Donald." Levi announced himself with his usual monotonous voice.

"Yes, Master Levi?" An old man's voice spoke out.

"Prepare the plane. I'll be there in 2 hours."

"Where would we be going, Master Levi?"

"Detroit." After Levi answered, he quickly ended the call. He already knew Donald would handle it since he was after all a reliable and trusted Butler. He had been in Levi's life when he was 6 years old. Levi knew he couldn't​ have wanted more than him.

When Levi was about to leave, his amethyst eyes caught something that caught his interest. It was a long blonde haired girl. She was being harassed by three young men. Levi doesn't really know why, but he couldn't let injustice prevail. He began approaching them with his guard on. He knew he shouldn't be distracted.

After he was four feet away from them, he stopped his advancing and instead of speaking with his usual monotonous voice, he spoke with his now cool and cocky voice, "Hey! You three shouldn't be ganging up on a woman. That's pretty low for us men."

"Who the hell might you be?!" One of the three questions the red detective. All three of them wore the Red Valley High male student uniform which consists of a white polo shirt and a white undershirt tucked in their black slacks.

Levi already knew these guys are all delinquents and he had to be extremely careful in what he says to them if he doesn't want to get his ass kicked. But then again, Levi is a master at martial arts and not your average fighter. He's also quite arrogant and had a very big ego.

"I'm Detective Levi Lawton. And if you all don't want to get flashed into the cage. I suggest you all get the hell outta here right now before I change my mind."

After the three heard Levi's bold declaration, they laughed while the blonde girl only looked away and bit her lips.

"Really! You! A cop! You look like you just belong in a boy band."

After Levi heard those words, he grit his teeth as he clenched his fists. He didn't like being insulted and laughed at. No one does actually. Levi wanted to shut them up, so he pulled out his badge from his pocket and held it out in front of their faces, instantly​ giving them a heart attack and it blew up their minds to think that the red haired young man before them is a cop.

"Now, are you all done?"

The three students didn't answer the red detective's question, they just kept their mouths shut and began walking, leaving Levi and the blonde girl alone.

After they left, Levi placed his hand on the girl and spoke with his usual monotonous voice, "Are you okay, Ms?"

The girl blushed when she got a clear view on her savior. He was a red haired young man on a red jacket and a dark-green cargo pants. He was very handsome if she was being honest. His calm amethyst eyes makes her wanna squeal in delight and say how cool they are. But nevertheless, she didn't, "Thank you for that, Mr?"

"Levi. The name is Levi." Levi grinned after he introduced himself.

"Karen." The blonde girl known as Karen looked away with a red face after she said her own name while Levi only tilted his head in confusion.

~~~

In an undisclosed location, a young woman was being strapped on a rather large bed in a very dark room.

She had messy black hair that reaches her shoulders and she was only wearing a hospital gown. Though, she seems to be asian due to her eyes and skin.

The woman also couldn't see shit. Only darkness. That is, until someone turned on the lights and the first thing she saw was a masked man in a plain black tuxedo. She could tell it was a man due to the stature. The mask was a plain black Guy Fawkes mask which is kinda creepy to the woman and it made her skin crawl every time she set her brown eyes on it.

"Are you the same Harumi Kaguya that hacked the Pentagon like it was a child's play? The same person who is considered to be one of the world's best hacker?"

The messy haired young woman known as Harumi Kaguya didn't answer. Instead, she only nodded yes. She couldn't lie to him since she believed that the man before her couldn't be easily fooled. Also, the information he has on her made her believe that the man is not to messed with.

"Who are you? And what do you want?" Kaguya questioned the enigmatic man.

"Let's just say I'm Frankenstein's monster. As for what I want. I want your skills and loyalty." The masked man answered. His deep voice filled with authority and pride.

"Why the hell would I swear my loyalty to a man like you who won't even show his face?"

"Because I will give you a one time offer. An offer that would make any wanted criminal in the world beg like a dog."

"And what is that?"

"The clean slate. You have been looking for that at a young age, haven't you?" After the man said that, he pulled out a strange metallic device that seems to appear like an ordinary cellphone to the common eye but to them it's like the Holy Grail. The man held it in front of her face which made her grit her teeth in annoyance.

"Now, do we have a deal?" The woman narrowed her eyes as she thought about her answer. It boggled her mind since she was uncertain and needed a little time to speak the right answer. Which will it be?