Chapter 14

Alex opened his amber eyes, and the first thing he saw was a sleeping Nina hugging his chest. He wanted to sat up, but he didn't want the risk to wake the little blonde girl. Her breathings are like the best musics the world could offer to the perceptive young man.

It has been three weeks since the 'incident' with John Levinson, or perhaps Nicholas Benjamin. In the end, Nicholas was apprehended by Alex himself and controlled his mind to confess his crimes to the police. After that, everything went back to normal.

The house has been fixed and no longer a mess. Alex and Gregory makes new adjustment to their 'product'. Nina worrying at home, but this time she had a bodyguard that Alex seem to have hired which is baffling to the little girl. Why baffling? Because Alex is not the type to trust someone so easily. He's always cautious and calculated. Just what is so special about him that he had gained Alex's trust to let him stay in their house and protect the little blonde girl? Her 'bodyguard' as Nina recalled went by the name Jake Heller. Jake was strange and unusual to the little girl. More like really weird. He was always doing his job. He doesn't even sleep or rest which is pretty damn ridiculous. A human has to sleep or rest to be efficient and alert, yet this 'Jake' doesn't have to do all this like at all.

A sound of knocking came from the white wooden door which made Alex's amber eyes moved swiftly from the sleeping Nina to the white door that shot opened. Out came a tall young man who had such an impressive build that would make a bodybuilder a run for his money. The tall young man had an unusual orange messy hair. Cold blue eyes that scanned his surroundings. A fair skin complexion. He wore a plain black shirt and a dark pants that matched with his black combat boots.

He had an imposing figure of 6.10 ft. The tall young man stood with such grace before he spoke with a firm yet calm voice, "Breakfast is ready, sir."

Jake was not just a bodyguard. Everyday, he would cook food for them, or clean the dishes, and even mopping the floor. To Alex, Jake is an all purpose tool.

"Thank you for that, Jake." Alex replied before he sighed deeply while Jake himself went outside as he closed the door, leaving Nina and Alex alone.

~~~

Holly scanned the words written on the pages of the book before her. She was sitting at her desk while reading the contents of the book on her hands. The book was all about math and it really boggled her mind.

She sighed before her head drooped slowly on the math book, "I don't even know what I don't know."

After she said that, the mid-length brown haired girl bit her lips before both of her hands formed into fists, 'No! I can't give up now. I have to be the highest so I can attend to Katie's party.'

|||

Holly slowly opened her window and the chill of the cold wind suddenly attacked her fair skinned face. She looked at the cloud-filled sky. The sky was a bit dark for today, and it seems to appear that it was about to rain.

Then, she felt her phone vibrated inside her pocket. She pulled it out before she answered the person who was calling her. It was Katie. One of Holly's friend and classmate. Also, she is one of the best flirt in the school.

"Hey, Holly! Are you free next saturday?"

"Yeah. Why? What is it?"

"I'm holding a birthday party at my house. And I was just thinking about inviting our whole classmates and friends. Drinks and hotboys will be available."

"Woah! Are you sure your parents would agree to that?"

"Actually, my parents are out of the country for a month. It's just me and my lil spoiled bro for now. Oh, come-on! It's gonna be fun."