Chapter 4

Inside the Sheriff's office, Levi was explaining some of the information that he had gathered to Sheriff Silas about the mysterious killer in Red Valley. The blonde Sheriff was sitting at his desk while the certain red head detective was standing in front of him.

"I may have not found out who he is, but I have figured out his next move." Levi mused with high confidence.

"Well, enlighten me, Lawton." Silas leaned back on his seat with a smirk on his face.

"Okay, first thing. The killer kills a woman named Rias Hedley. 22 years old. Brown hair. Then kills another woman, Gina Valentine. 21 years old. Red hair. The third woman is Vanessa Heller. 20 years old. Brown hair. The fourth is Kia Jackson. 19 years old. Red hair. Then the newest is Lana Lannister. 18 years old. Brown hair. And all of them were killed in some alley. You get it! The killer is playing us like fools. Now, that I have figured out his next move, it's time for him to play the fool."

"All of them are fine young women. I get it. You think his next victim would be a 17 years old woman with red hair. Well, your theory sounds convincing." Silas gently rubbed the back of his head before he sighed deeply due to stress. This series of murders have been getting on his nerves and it's giving him a very bad headache. His job is sometimes unbearable for him. But it's nothing compared to Levi since he's always on the move. Always on guard, searching for clues and leads to solve the case.

"Yes. But you miss something." Levi corrected, "All of them were killed at the time of 10:25 PM. And all of them were dated by a young man named John Levinson."

"You think he did it?" Silas narrowed his eyes after he said that. John Levinson was a man that have moved to Red Valley four months ago. He wasn't a troublemaker. Some of John's neighbors have said to Silas that he was a good man and always staying out of trouble.

"It's a possibility." Levi quickly said, "Since he was always with the girls. But we don't have too many evidence yet to prove that it was him. Just my crazy theory, Silas."

"I see." Silas closed his eyes for a minute before he opened them again, "I guess we should put a watch on him."

"Sheriff, I suggest we should also put Katie Daxter, and Riley Iris on protective custody."

"Who are they? And why?"

"They're the only 17 years old red-haired women in Red Valley. I think if we keep an eye on them, they could lead us to the killer."

"I agree, Levi. So, is that all?"

"No. Not yet." Levi smiled deviously, "All the victims were killed in Sundays. Well, it is Sunday today. Then that means one of the two women that I suggested to keep an eye on, is gonna die at 10:25 PM. It is now 9:18 AM, so I suggest we better keep those girls now on protective custody if we want those girls to live."

~~~

Alex leaned back on his seat. He then felt someone hold his pale cold hand. It was warm and soft. Alex's amber eyes slowly looked at the source. It was Nina Felix. The 10 years old blonde haired girl was holding Alex's hand like it was her own life. She was sitting beside the princely young man. The two are now inside the theater, and the movie that Nina wanted to watch, is just about to start.

"I'm a bit scared." Nina softly whispered. The little girl was shaking to the core because the room was too dark for her to handle, and not to mention that there were too many people was inside the theater too.

"It's okay. If some monster appeared and try to eat you. Just remember that your big brother will just beat the snot out of them before they can get close."

Nina smiled weakly. Alex always know how to comfort a weak little girl like her.

"Alex!" A voice said from behind, "What are you doing here?"

The raven slick-back haired young man turned around and saw Holly with another young man who had brown-red hair. The young man wore a black long-sleeve shirt and a dark pants while Holly was wearing a black shirt, a red hoodie, and a blue jeans.

Holly was a bit surprised to see him again since Alex was still a mystery to her. She wanted to ask him regarding about the incident with the thugs, but she quickly decided it can wait since she doesn't want to spoil the mood. The couple was sitting just beside the savior of Holly.

"You know this guy, Holly?" The brown-red haired young man that is sitting right next to her asked.

"Yes. He's the man who saved me from thugs last week." Holly then saw a blond haired girl holding Alex's hand. The little girl was sitting right next to Alex, and she was also looking straight at Holly's emerald eyes, "Who is she, Alex?"

"As for what I'm doing here, I'm just here for entertainment, and this is my little sister." Alex then looked at the blonde haired little girl, "Go say hi, Nina."

"Hi." Nina softly said. Her voice sounded more like a whisper.

"How old are you, Nina?" Holly asked.

"Oh, I'm 10 years old."

"Well, which school are you in?"

Nina looked away for a moment before she speak up again, "I'm homeschooled."

"I see." Holly smiled, "And who is your teacher?"

"Alex!" Nina proudly said and her shy demeanor was suddenly gone, "He is the best teacher in the world for me."

"Well, that's pretty ironic." The auburn haired young man commented before his blue eyes looks at the raven haired young man, "I'm Marvin."

"Alex." Alex coolly said.

"Well, now that you two know each other. What about Riley?" Holly looked around and saw that Riley was nowhere to be found.

"Oh, she just went to use the restroom." Marvin informed.

"I see." Holly said as she leaned back on her seat, feeling relaxed before she took a deep sigh.

~~~

Inside the girl's restroom, Riley was texting someone in her phone. She was excited to introduce this someone to Marvin. This is her chance to introduce them to each other.

~~~

Alex closed his eyes before he sighed deeply. He then opened his eyes again, revealing his piercing amber orbs. The movie had now started, and the movie was just like he had expected: Same old romance cliche, and drama.

Only Nina, Holly, and even Marvin was enjoying the damn movie. And then Holly remembered something, "Hey, what's taking Riley so long in the restroom?" Holly suddenly asked.

"Are you guys worried about me?" A voice questioned. The group all turned around and saw Riley standing with a blonde haired young man at her side. The young man wore a black leather jacket, a white shirt, a black cargo pants that reached his shoes. Somehow, his presence also caught the interest of a certain slicked-back raven haired young man who glared at him with high intensity that it could possibly give an ordinary human a heart attack but this was invisible to everyone in the room because of the darkness that shadows almost everything.

"Hi!" The young man said, "I'm John Levinson, Riley's boyfriend."