Chapter 2

It was a good afternoon. The sky was about to turn red. In the crowd-filled streets, a young certain school girl was walking and talking with her three friends that are also her classmates.

"So, this "Alex" guy saved you?" A waist-length blonde​ haired girl asked. She had blue eyes and fair skinned. Her name is Emma Bridgette. She is the gossiper among them.

Holly only nodded. She can't say more about him yet for the guy was too enigmatic for her to tell.

"Is he handsome?" A mid-length red haired girl asked. She had light brown skin and grey eyes. Her name is Katie Daxter. She is the flirt among them.

"Look, I'm gonna be honest with all of you. The guy looks like a businessman and a noble man at the same time. He seems pretty rich and he kinda looks like on his twenties. And yes, he's pretty quite handsome if you ask me." Holly answered casually, which made her friends stop on their tracks.

Holly stopped and turned around. She saw the shocked expressions of their face.

"You're kidding me right?" Her three friends said in unison.

"No kidding."

"Then I really want to meet him right now. You got his number?" Katie asked, to which Holly shook her head.

"That guy must be a real gentleman." A short haired petite girl commented. Her blue eyes were beaming with admiration. She had light fair skin and she had a guitar strapped on her back. Her name is Elena Mackenzie. She is the tomboyish bookworm among them.

"I agree with you there." Holly admitted. She would be lying if she said no.

~~~

Outside The Gavinson Mansion, Alex was leaning against the gate, holding his phone near his ear. He was talking to someone.

"Did it work?" A soft voice asked from the young man's phone. It seems to be a little girl.

"Yes. But I have to be careful from now on if I don't want to screw this up."

"I'm so happy for you, Alex."

Alex smiled happily. He always felt ease when he hears her lovely voice.

"Have you taken your medicine, Nina? I might be late tonight."

"Yes. I have. But promise me, don't be too late. I don't want to be alone in the house."

Alex chuckled, "Yeah. I promise. Bye." With that, he ended the call and he gained a serious expression. All of the lightness and happiness that radiated from his face just turned dark and grim.

"It's you!" An ecstatic voice said.

The pale young man turned around and saw a certain brown-haired school girl.

"Ms. Gavinson. Yes. It's me."

Holly's eyes were wide like the moon and she was shocked to see the man who saved her is outside her house.

"What are you doing here?!" Holly asked while approaching the raven haired man.

"Me and your dad just made some deals. We're businessmen after all. How about you? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Wow! I never knew you know my dad. Are you one of his employees?"

"No. I'm his partner." Alex corrected and his amber eyes swiftly focused to a 2015 Black Dodge Charger parked across the street, "Well, it's getting late. And I have to go home now." He then turned his attention to Holly and bowed politely. "Good night, Ms. Gavinson." With that, he went into his car and drive away, leaving a confused Holly on the street.

"Well, he seems to be in a hurry." Holly sighed before looking down on her shoes.

~~~

In an average sized house, a young blonde haired girl no older than 10 was laying on her bed. Nina Felix. An asthmatic sickly girl had just taken the medicine that Alex always given her. Nina was wearing her pink pajamas since she was gonna go to sleep anyway.

Nina took a deep exhale before her eyes were filled with worry. She was worried about Alex. Alex had been taking care of her since Alex deduced that Nina's father dumped her on the streets to fend for herself like a stray dog. Her mother has been dead since Nina was born. Nina has been living with Alex for two weeks. She doesn't know Alex much but she knows that he has a pure heart. His intelligence and deductive skills sometimes made him scary though but his politeness and kindness makes up for that.

"I need you, Alex. Don't leave me like my father." Nina whispered to nothing. She was alone in this house. But still, Alex has taught her how to fend for herself. He taught her everything about household chores. He even taught her how to fight and steal. Alex always said to her that as long as she takes her medicine, she can handle anything alone since Alex taught her well.

~~~

Somewhere in Red Valley, a young woman was running for her life. She was being chased. Her breathings were erratic and she was shivering to the core. It was night time and no one was around the street.

She was running mindlessly that she didn't even realized that she came into a dark alley. She stopped and turned around to see if someone was still chasing her.

But then, a hand from behind snaked across her neck and began strangling the life out of her before a sharp knife went inside her waist.

The young woman suddenly fell down to the ground with lifeless eyes but she was still alive and breathing. Her hand was covering her stabbed wound but it was to no use when her would-to-be killer stabbed her again and again. The young woman's scream could be heard for in each stab made her go crazy.