Chapter 10

Nina was dumbstrucked when she saw Nicholas was pointing his gun on nothing exactly. She also saw the fear in his eyes. He was trembling and the hand that was holding the gun was shaking madly.

'Is this one of Alex's magic?' Nina questioned inside her mind before her attention turned to the door when it was opened by none other than Alex himself.

He wore the same suit that he usually wear, which is a plain black tuxedo, a dark pants, and a pair of black shoes. This time Alex also had an apple on his hand.

When Alex saw Nina, he quickly approached her before hugging her completely, to which Nina hugged him back. She felt his warmth, and also rage. It made Nina uncomfortable but then again, this was Alex. It's better him than Nicholas who was the one responsible of all this.

"I thought I lost you." Alex whispered. His words left Nina speechless before she began crying on the certain raven haired young man's chest. No, she wasn't sad. She was just really happy that Alex came for her rescue. But her experience of being kidnapped left her also traumatized.

"Take this apple, Nina." Alex offered her an apple, to which Nina accepted, "And can you please wait for me outside?"

Nina's only answer was a nod before slowly walking out the door, leaving Alex and the now hallucinating Nicholas alone.

Alex turned his full attention to Nicholas who was still pointing his gun on nothing but air exactly. He was still trembling in fear while his hands were still shaking madly. His illusion worked on the bastard, and it made Alex smile wickedly like a madman. His fear is still not enough to satisfy his anger. He will let Nicholas experience an illusion that will make him beg for a quick death.

In the illusion Nicholas was seeing, he was being approached by the humanoid creature itself. Nicholas tried to back away, but he was so scared that his legs wouldn't even move. He even forced them, yet his attempts were futile.

There was only one option for him: Shoot the son of a bitch. Nicholas then pulled the trigger with no hesitation. His gun fired a bullet which hit the creature's head, causing it to fall on the floor dead as the creature's blood splattered across Nicholas' face.

Nicholas began walking to the dead humanoid creature to check if it was really dead, but he backed away when the seemingly dead creature turned into a flock of crows.

"What the fuck is this?!" Nicholas questioned hysterically as he tried to point his gun on the flock of crows, but the gun suddenly exploded in an instant, severely injuring Nicholas' hand, giving the chance for the crows to attack him which they did.

The crows pecked every vulnerable soft spot of his body which is the eyes, ears, nose, and the lips for example.

A screaming Nicholas tried to run away from them but the floor he was standing on suddenly transformed into a deep lake of blood, causing Nicholas to make a big splash on it.

Nicholas tried to swim, but something has grabbed his feet that was pulling him down.

When Nicholas blinked his eyes, he was no longer in the lake of blood. Nor he was being chased by a flock of bloodthirsty crows.

Instead he found himself nailed to a wooden cross. He looked around and realized he was no longer in the dark room either. He was in a place where there's billions of human skulls lying everywhere on the ground. There were many destroyed building too.

Nicholas also noticed that the sky was no longer blue. Instead it was crimson red like blood. He then saw Alex standing in front of him. But there was something wrong about this Alex he was seeing right now. This Alex had glowing crimson red eyes like a monster. He had two huge horns sprouting on his head like a demon. He also had two large black wings sprouting on his back like an angel of death.

He was like the devil that is dressed in a plain black tuxedo. Nicholas could only shiver at the sight of him. He may be a psychopathic serial killer but that is nothing compared to a real monster.

"Well, shall we begin?" Alex questioned rhetorically. His deep authoritative voice was replaced by something demonic.