Chapter 8

Alex kneeled down beside the unconscious blonde haired girl. He then carried her in bridal style and placed her on the nearby bench.

The raven haired young man looked at the unconscious girl's bruises. It appears to be that she was beaten up pretty badly. Those bullies showed no mercy and it irked the young man very much. He even thought about 'disposing' them but he doesn't want to create an attention from the police which could be a huge problem for him.

'Here goes nothing.' Alex thought as he began holding the unconscious girl's hand.

Then, the unbelievable thing happens again. The bruises on the young girl began to heal in a very fast rate until the bruises were completely gone. It was like nothing ever happened to the blonde girl. Her white skin was even more fairer than ever.

'She'll be fine.' Alex thought as he smiled happily before walking away, leaving the young girl in her beauty sleep.

~~~

Levi leaned back against the brick wall. He then sighed deeply before closing his amethyst eyes. He was outside the park in Red Valley while his brain is doing what it does best: Solving mysteries and compiling information.

He then opened his eyes again when he began to hear footsteps that seems to be nearby. He turned his head around and saw a handsome young man. The young man had an ebony slicked back hair. He also wore a plain black tuxedo. He walks with a cat-like grace.

Levi haven't seen the young man in Red Valley before, so he deduced that the young man must be a newbie. But something about the young man caught Levi's interests. It was the young man's amber eyes. It was filled with darkness, malice, and anger that is well hidden which made Levi wary of the young man. If Levi was a commoner, he would have missed it.

'He's dangerous.' Levi deduced inside his mind as he began to stare at the young man who is now entering his fancy car which is a 2015 Black Dodge Charger. Levi doesn't really know why the young man was dangerous. He first thought it was because of the young man's eyes, but it's still not enough to be dangerous to the red head detective. When Levi saw him, his instincts have gone haywire. It was telling him to stay away. He doesn't know why but Levi is already planning to find out. He's curious and wanted to solve this mystery.

'I might have to ask Silas about this.' Levi contemplated as he began to crack his fingers one by one.

~~~

Marvin turned on his cellphone before he sat on his bed. Marvin's bedroom was neat and clean. It had a small TV which is placed on a small TV rack. His wardrobe was placed against the left wall. There is also a chair facing a desk filled with papers and pens.

Marvin turned his attention to his door when someone knocked on it from the other side. He then put his phone back into his pocket before he went on to open it.

It turns out it was Riley who knocked at Marvin's door. She was wearing a pink shirt and a pair of red shorts.

"Hey, what's up?" Marvin questioned.

"Nothing." Riley looked down before she spoke up again, "Just a bit scared."

"There's nothing wrong with that, Riley." Marvin reassured as he put his hand on Riley's shoulder.

"I know, but I've been thinking hard about that night. To remember. But..." Riley bit her lips as her face was now filled with tears, "I really can't remember anything."

"It's okay." Marvin reassured as he hugged Riley.

~~~

Inside the Sheriff's office, Silas leaned back against his seat as he stared at a certain red head detective before him.

"So, what is it you want know, Levi?" Silas questioned.

"I want to know who are the people who just moved to Red Valley recently." Levi answered coolly.

"Oh, that would be Alex Garfield and his sister Nina." Silas answered, "What about them? Is this about the case?"

"Oh, it's nothing." Levi reassured, "I just wanted to know about them."

"Levi. I'm pretty sure this is more than just nothing. I know you. You don't do something without a complicated reason."

Levi only smirked at Silas' words as he leaned back against his seat.

~~~

Alex opened the door to his house, and what he saw inside made him widened his amber eyes. Inside, was a mess. All the furnitures were shattered. The TV was smashed beyond repair. It was like someone just had a wild party inside his house, or naughty childrens had just played tag but even more intense.

Alex was brought to reality when he saw a letter on the floor. He kneeled down beside it and picked it up before opening it.

What he read, made him grit his teeth in anger and all the smashed objects around him started to tremble.

I got your precious little sister, Alex. The jokes on me hahahaha - John Levinson.