Chapter 6

Inside Alex's bedroom, the certain raven haired young man was talking to Gregory Gavinson by phone. His bedroom was small but it was enough to fit Alex's personal computer that is placed on a small desk. Heck, his bedroom is even spacious enough to fit a small cabinet where Alex store his other clothes. There is also a basket of fresh riped apples on the side of his bed.

"Is my product doing well?" Alex questioned as he grabbed an apple from the basket while still holding the phone near his ear.

"Doing well?! It's extraordinary! A brilliant piece!" Gregory exclaimed from Alex's phone.

Alex chuckled wickedly before he decided to speak up again, "I see. Once we introduce this to the US government, we'll have billions of dollars, and Gavinson Corporation will be number one on groundbreaking advanced technology."

"I still wonder how did you do this?"

"That would be hardwork and because of my brilliant mind."

"Don't get ahead of yourself, Mr. Garfield. Overconfidence and bragging is bad for your health."

"I could say the same to you."

"Anyway! I need you right now. We're gonna run another test. You'll know where to find it, do you?" Gregory questioned rhetorically.

"More tests, huh?" Alex sat down on his bed before replying, "Of course, I'll be there. Just don't run the test without me."

"Sure." With that, Gregory ended the call while Alex only sighed. He then put his phone in his pocket before biting the delicious apple on his hand.

~~~

Outside the Iris' house, Riley was standing outside the white wooden door. She looked at herself and saw that her clothes were stained with blood. She then looked up at the clear blue sky before knocking with a determined expression.

The door suddenly opened and Riley saw her own mother inside who is now terrified and shaking due to Riley's bloodied appearance before she screamed very loudly.

~~~

Inside the Sheriff's office, Levi was sitting lazily on his seat while Sheriff Silas was on his desk, glaring at the red head. He wasn't angry at Levi. He was angry because they still haven't found Riley Iris.

"Do you have any idea where she could be?" Silas questioned.

"Nope. Our guys told us that she went off to a fancy restaurant with a guy named John Levinson. And the nearby alley there, was painted with her own blood. I could only guess she could be in some unmarked grave right now."

Silas grit his teeth at Levi's answer. He didn't like it, but he knows that Levi's words are probably true, "Do you even care about finding her right now, Levi?"

"Nope." Levi quickly answered with no hesitation, "I only care about one thing right now."

"And that would be?"

"Justice." Levi answered with a serious expression on his face. Levi is not always a laid-back and arrogant person. Sometimes,he can be serious if he wants to, "That's the one thing I care about."

"So, you want the man who did this, to be put in jail?" Silas deducted.

"Yes." Levi smiled wickedly, not having the serious expression on his face anymore, "You are quite right."

Silas smirked at Levi's answer. He doesn't like the red head detective, but he was right about one thing. Levi is a madman who only cares about justice.

The duo were interrupted of their conversation when someone knocked on the other side of the door.

"You can come in." The blonde haired Sheriff said.

A young man who bore the same police uniform like any other police officers in Red Valley enters the office. He had dark brown skin, black curly hair, blue eyes, and he has a very slim build. It's like he doesn't work out much for an average cop.

"Speak up, rookie." Silas said.

The young man nodded and decided to speak up, "Right. Sheriff Silas. We have just heard that Riley Iris just went back to her house."

"Well, that's pretty good." Silas commented, to which he looks at the red haired detective who was a bit confused.

"There's also more, sir. Her parents informed us by phone that when they saw her at first in their own house, Riley's clothes were stained with her own blood." The young man informed which made Levi even more confused and suspicious, "And here is the weird part, sir. She doesn't seem to remember what happened to her."

"That be all, rookie?" Silas questioned, to which the young man shook his head in disagreement.

"My name is Jed, sir. Not rookie."

"We got it, Jed, but we'll take it from here." Levi declared with lots of sarcasm in his voice before he looked at Jed's blue orbs with a serious expression on his face, "Now go get the fuck out and get me some coffee."

"Yes, Detective Lawton." Jed said before he walked out the door, leaving the duo alone in the office.

"Well, that rookie seems pretty good." Levi commented.

"That was Jed Sawyer. He had just been a police officer last week. Nice kid if you ask me."

"Like I care about that right now."

"Right. You only care about justice." Silas sarcastically agreed.

"We need to get to the Iris' house now."

"For what?"

"We need to ask that girl. We have to."

"Look man, I know it's pretty hard to admit that your deductions were wrong, but it's okay. I still ain't going with you though. Good luck on solving the case."

"Fine, I'll do it myself." Levi stood up from his seat before going out the door, leaving Silas all alone in his office.

The blonde Sheriff sighed deeply before leaning back on his seat.

~~~

Alex looked at Nina who is lying on her bed. Nina's bedroom was a bit large compared to Alex's. It was big enough to fit a giant bookshelf and a small table filled with toys and books. Nina's bedroom also had a small closet which is right next to the giant bookshelf.

The blonde little girl then noticed Alex who was by the door, to which Alex began walking towards her until he stopped when he is now by the side on Nina's bed.

"Why the gloomy face again?" Nina questioned with a weak voice.

"I'm gonna be out of town for the rest of the day. I'll be at home at tomorrow." Alex informed.

"I see." Nina bit her lips with a sad look on her fair white face, "Just be careful, okay?"

"I will." Alex reassured before he knelt down and kissed Nina's forehead, "And you too, okay? Try not to push yourself too hard."

"Of course." Nina agreed with a weak smile.

"You do know that I love you very much. You are my little sister. Even though we do not share the same blood, you will always be my little sister." Alex said as he held Nina's small hand which made Nina hugged the princely young man.

~~~

Alex walked out of his average sized house. He then looked at his 2015 Black Dodge Charger which is parked across the street before walking towards it.

He opened it's door and entered the fancy vehicle before driving to Gavinson Corporation which is in the city Atlanta. But though, Alex was unaware that a certain serial killer was watching him from a nearby tree.

This certain serial killer smiled wickedly. The killer walked out of his hiding place, revealing his full appearance. He was a young man with blonde hair. He wore a black leather jacket, white shirt, and a dark pants. It was John Levinson. It was him all along. The time has come to make his move.