Chapter 13

A middle-aged man was walking on the crowded streets of New York City. The man had brown shaggy hair. He wore a black trench coat, a grey shirt, and a dark pants. He had a brown briefcase on his left hand. His grey eyes were scanning what surrounds him.

Civilians. People. They were just going with their everyday lives. Going with the flow. New York City is always filled with civilians, and this city never sleeps. Never.

The middle-aged man then stopped before turning his full attention to the large building in front of him. This building was none other than a hotel known as Bellhorn Hotel.

The shaggy haired man entered the fancy hotel and some of the people inside was waiving at him or just simply smiled, to which he replied back by smiling back at them or just nodding his head. These people knew him. He was their friend.

He went to his own room. His room is known as room 619. Inside, was a couch facing a flat-screen TV that is placed against the wall. There was a small table in his dining room and a wooden chair. In his kitchen, the sink was clean and there were no unclean plates in there. The plates and cups were stored in a dish cabinet.

The man went to his couch after he took the remote from the table in the dining room and placed the briefcase on the side of the couch. He leaned back on his seat, and he was about to turn on the TV by using the remote, but then, he heard a deep authoritative voice spoke behind him.

"CIA Agent Miles Lewis." The mysterious voice said. After the brown shaggy haired man known as Agent Miles Lewis heard the voice, his grey eyes turned wide eyed in shock that are threatening to pop out of their sockets. How can this mysterious man possibly know him? He was very careful at doing his 'job'. Just how can it be?

Agent Lewis turned his head around and saw a man wearing a plain black Guy Fawkes mask that seems to blend in with his plain black tuxedo. The man had a moderate build which made Agent Lewis guess that he worked out sometimes. The man seems to had no weapons of any kind. His leather black gloved hands were on his side. The man's height was about 5.10.

"Who are you?" Agent Lewis questioned as he clenched both of his fists while maintaining a calm expression on his face.

"Let's just say I'm the end to mankind's rule."

The mysterious man's answer made Agent Lewis wanting to punch the man in front of him and beat him into a pulp. But he discarded this thought when he was about to reach the hidden gun inside his coat, but he suddenly found it too difficult to move. It was like some unseen force was making him freeze on spot.

And then he realized. The man was the source of all this. He is the reason he can't move.

"An Esper!" Agent Lewis croaked out even though he had a huge difficulty to move his muscles, his mouth was free from the man's pyschic control.

"Your deductions are spot on, Agent Lewis." The masked man commented coolly.

"It can't be!" Agent Lewis exclaimed, his voice frantic, "We have captured your remaining kind seven months ago."

"Well, you forgot me." The masked man began walking towards the frozen CIA Agent with a cat-like grace, "Now, let's get on to business. What can you tell me about Operation Blackstone?"

Both shoulders of Agent Lewis slumped down while both of his grey eyes became emotionless.

"Operation Blackstone started out as a joint DOD surveillance program that gathers intelligence of any other threats to the United States." Agent Lewis answered with a monotonous voice.

"And what is it now?"

"It is now the umbrella program for all our black ops that targets and research any extraterrestrial threats around the world."

"Experimentation?" The masked man stopped his advancing to the CIA agent when he spoke out his question.

"We do that everyday." His answer really hit a nerve inside him.The evidence of this is that the masked man's gloved hands formed into fists when Agent Lewis answered him.

"Where are they? Where are the other Espers?"

"We had nine but three of them was given to the Russian Government while two of them was given to the Chinese."

"And the remaining four? Where are they?"

"That information is not known to me, master."

The masked Esper scoffed in annoyance at the answer, "Well, do you have any ideas on where they are?"

"Well, I have heard that GeneTech Labs is cooperating with the program for more experimentations and research on the extraterrestrials that the CIA caught."

"Well, that's understandable since GeneTech scientists are known to be quite a legend. But what are they trying to achieve?"

"They are making weapons. Living weapons."

The masked man narrowed his amber eyes when he heard 'Living weapons'. It made him unease. He knew what Agent Lewis meant by 'Living weapons'. It was too obvious. There is also the fact that a greedy big shot corporation is now in the list of the masked man's problem. GenTech Labs have quite a reputation to the world. It started out as one of the world's leading pharmaceutical company and at that time they were considered to be the best in genetic engineering. It is also known to be an expert in making bio weapons and a lot of other things that would be related to science. But everyone knows that GeneTech is widely known for making dangerous bio weapons for the US government, "Just what are the CIA's true intentions on making these weapons?"

"To capture more otherworldly lifeforms to make more living weapons, and eliminate that are deemed too dangerous."

Inside the mysterious Esper's mask, he was already sweating out of fear. It wasn't out of heat since the room was pretty cold due to the air-conditioner. It was fear. It was bigger than he had expected. His wide amber eyes are threatening to bulge out of their sockets while his heart was beating like crazy. Though, the masked man gained control of himself in a few seconds. He then looked at the briefcase that is placed on the side of the couch.

"What's in the briefcase?"

"Blackstone files, master."

"I see. Can you please give it to me?"

"Yes, master." As soon as Agent Lewis said those two words, he stood up and grabbed the briefcase before giving it to the masked Esper.

The masked man went to the dining room, leaving Agent Lewis standing like a human statue in the living room.

The masked man placed the briefcase on the small wooden table. He opened it and what he saw inside made him smirked wickedly inside his mask. Inside, were files that tells every information of every otherworldly lifeforms that the CIA captured and experimented on. It also tells every information of other extraterrestrials that are yet to be captured. There were also pictures of every alien beings that they have discovered and captured. Even though the files doesn't tell the location of the other Espers, the masked man was already content with all this information.

"This is quite a vital information for me." The masked man commented before he put the files back into where they are in the first place. He walked to the living room and placed the briefcase on the side of the couch. He wanted to take it, but the CIA would become suspicious if one of their agents lost some of their precious files.

The masked man then turned his amber eyes to Agent Lewis, "Now, you will go to sleep and once you wake up, you will not remember all about this encounter. Got it?"

"Roger that, master." Agent Lewis gave the masked man a military salute before he went back to his couch and close both of his grey eyes to sleep.

The masked man walked to the door with a cat-like grace. He opened it and stepped outside before he closed it, leaving Agent Lewis sleeping on his couch.