Chapter 3

The sun rises in the clear blue sky. It was morning. Inside The Gavinson Mansion, Holly was reading her new favorite romance novel while lying lazily on the bed. It has been two days since Holly met her mysterious savior Alex whom she had not seen after that last encounter at the gate of her mansion. She was in her bedroom. Her bedroom was clean and tidy not to mention large and the three teddy bears displayed on the side of the bed.

She was in her brown pajamas since there was no class today because it was Sunday, and the certain brown haired school girl was bored out of her mind. There was nothing to do except doing chores, reading a book, and chatting with friends on the phone.

Holly sighed, she was really bored. And then, an idea popped in her head. Maybe, she could ask Marvin out on a date right now. Holly suddenly blushed at the idea. Date Marvin? Can she even have the courage to ask him that? Holly has a crush on Marvin since they were friends but Holly never told that to Marvin. Marvin had been nice to her and sometimes Holly's friends would tease them if they spent time together for too long.

The brown haired girl almost jumped when her phone suddenly rang inside her pocket. She quickly pulled it out and put it near her ear before answering. She didn't even bothered to see who was calling her.

"Hello?"

"Holly. It's me. Marvin."

Holly quickly blushed. She was just thinking about dating him, and now, here he is, calling her.

"Yes. What is it?"

"Um, Holly, you know. I've been thinking. Would you go out with me today?" Holly turned pale at that question and her eyes opened wide in shock, "I'm going to the theater today with my sister to watch a new movie showing today. Don't ask. She was the one who wanted to watch this movie. And I was just thinking about asking you out. Come-on! It's gonna be fun, Holly. I have already bought you a ticket."

Holly got over her shock and stood up with a determined face.

"I will. Where are we gonna meet up?"

"Actually, I'm just outside your house. Look at the window."

Holly dashed to the window and saw Marvin standing outside the gate, waiting for her.

"Oh, you gotta be kidding me." Holly whispered before going to her closet. "Marvin, can you wait for me? I haven't changed yet."

"Sure, Holly." With that, Holly ended the call. She then picked up her favorite clothes and placed it on her bed before she went to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

~~~

A certain raven slick-back haired young man was walking on the busy streets of Red Valley. There is also a blonde haired girl holding his left hand. This was Alex and Nina. One thing they have in common right now, is that they were happy and had big smiles on their face. It has been a week since they moved here to Red Valley. Their previous home was in the faraway city of Los Angeles.

"The park was amazing, brother." Nina said. Nina has been calling Alex her brother ever since he gave her a new home. Nina really sees him as an older brother.

"I agree, Nina. But where would you want to go now?"

"Hmm..." Nina looked up and saw the clear blue sky, "How about the theater? I have heard that there will be new movie showing today."

"What kind of movie?"

"I don't know much, but I know it will be good since Alicia Harker is starring in it. I'm a big fan of her. The movie's title is The Deadly Cold Love."

"I don't think we should-"

Then Nina interrupted Alex when she looked at her with the cutest puppy eyes he ever seen.

Alex sighed, he really doesn't want Nina to watch this kind of movie. The movie's title is already giving a small hint that it will be romance drama thriller. But the biggest hint is the actress. Alicia Harker is known for her roles in romance drama thriller movies. She is one of the youngest actress to ever won an Oscar at the young age of 17.

"Okay, but on the condition that you would study harder from now on so you could prepare for the quiz I will give you next week." Alex said. The princely young man have been homeschooling the little girl ever since he took her in.

"Thank you! I will really study harder from now on." Nina quickly embraced Alex in a hug.

"She really knows my weakness." Alex whispered while he narrowed his cold amber eyes.

They then walked into a parking lot and went inside Alex's 2015 Black Dodge Charger before driving away.

~~~

Holly ran frantically to the gate and walked outside to meet her beloved crush. The brown haired school girl was wearing a red hoodie and a black shirt. She also wore a blue jean and her shoes were new and clean. Holly doesn't like to wear clothes that reveals too much skin since she was too shy to reveal some of her white fair skin.

Marvin looked in awe before he gained a small blush, "You look good."

"Thanks." Holly smiled happily with her cheeks red like tomatoes.

"So, should we go now or keep staring at each other?" A voice asked sarcastically.

The couple turned around and saw a chin-length red haired young woman leaning against a hood of a Blue 2017 Ford Ranger. She was a buxom figure and had a fair skin complexion. Her blue eyes were filled with boredom. She wore a green jacket, a blue shirt, and a grey pants that reached her white sneakers.

"Holly, meet my sister, Riley." Marvin introduced Holly to his sister.

"Nice to meet you, Riley." Holly said.

"Yeah, don't care." Riley harshly said before she went inside the car.

Holly looked down on her shoes, did she say something wrong?

"Don't worry. She's always been like that." Marvin reassured, "Riley is a bit harsh to other people. She's complicated."

"I see."

"Well, we better go now. And you should erase the negative on your face right now."

Holly quickly faked a smile and the couple went inside the Blue Ford Ranger before driving to their destination.

~~~

Somewhere in Red Valley, a young man with chin-length messy red hair was looking at a small police station. He was wearing a black shirt, a dark-red leather hoodie, and a black cargo pants. He also wore a black combat boots. His amethyst eyes glared with high intensity before it softens when he took a step forward.

The young man slowly enters the police station. Inside, was filled with desks, computers, and other police officers. The young man could only say that everyone looks busy since every police officer he sees, are working on their computer, or maybe working on their paperwork.

"Well, I'll be damned. Detective Levi Lawton." A gruffy voice said from behind the red head.

The red haired young man known as Levi turned around and saw a middle-aged man with a cowboy hat on his head. The middle-aged man wore the typical county police uniform like everyone inside. The middle-aged man had dark-brown eyes, blonde hair, and had a very strong built that would scare everyone who would mess with him.

"Sheriff Silas. Just the man I wanted to see." Levi smiled wickedly.

"So, you got any leads?" The man know as Silas asked.

"As always, Sheriff." Levi smugly said with his arms crossed.