Chapter 7

Levi looked at the house before him. It was the Iris' house. The house was a bit large for Levi's taste since he was more of a small house guy himself even though he belongs to a rich family.

The Lawtons may not be the richest family in the world, but Levi is damn sure that the Lawtons are the richest in this whole damn town, even though only a few knows of this.

"It's time to unravel the mystery." Levi said with a confident smirk as he began his walk to the white wooden door of the entrance. He then knocked which made the people inside the house looked at their door.

The door was slowly opened by a certain red head girl who came back from the dead. Levi was a bit surprised to see her since he knew his deductions are always correct, but now, how is he wrong about Riley Iris? She is suppose to be dead, but here she is, alive and well.

Levi kept his usual composure before deciding to speak up, "How are you, Ms. Iris?"

Riley was a bit startled at the strange young man before her. He wore a dark-red leather hoodie and a black cargo pants. Underneath his hoodie was a simple plain black T-shirt. He was also quite handsome if Riley was being honest, but she was not in the mood to flirt him due to everything has happened to her even though she doesn't fully remember about what happened to her last night.

"Who the hell might you be?" Riley questioned as she crossed her fair white arms like she was the one who is superior to the man before her.

Levi only smirked at her rough attitude before answering the tough girl's question. He wanted to show her who's the boss in this, but then, he's here for info to solve the case. Not to talk about his pride. After all, he's not here to slack off, "I'm Detective Levi Lawton. Here to ask you some simple questions regarding what happened to you last night."

Riley was suddenly irritated at the young man since he was just a simple detective who only visited her for information like the many cops that have visited her this morning. His voice was also annoying because it's very monotonous. In simple words, the Detective's voice sounded like a dying robot.

"Look!" Riley gritted her teeth in annoyance as she pointed her finger to the young detective, "I've already told this to the police that I don't remember anything about last night. And if you ask me about John Levinson, I've already told them that I don't know where he is. I can't even contact him on the phone since that guy always change his number."

"I knew that, Ms. Riley. But I have to ask you for myself. I have to be sure." Levi quickly said as he put his hands into his pocket.

"Sure of what?!" Riley questioned in annoyance.

"That you weren't lying." Levi casually answered in his usual monotonous voice as he began to stare at Riley's blue orbs, "Now, that I have proved this. I'm gonna leave you for now."

Levi was about to turn around and leave, but he stopped when he saw Riley's father approaching him in a threatening manner.

"Oh, hell-" Whatever the red head detective was about to say was interrupted when his face was punched by none other than Riley's father which made Levi fall to the Iris' lawn while Riley was shocked at her father's actions.

"You stay the hell away from my daughter, you little shit!" Gerry threatened with venom in his voice.

"I will." Levi said as he began to stand up, "But..."

Then, in an instant, Levi suddenly punched Gerry in the chin before kicking him in the gut very hard which made Gerry fell to the floor of his own house very badly while Riley was too scared to say anything or even move a muscle.