C H A P T E R 3

AIZAWA'S POV

After the meeting was adjorned, I made my way back to Midnight and Asuna. There, I was greeted by a big unexpected smile.

Midnight had cleaned her up well. Her skin was white as snow. Her long, trimmed, white locks were combed and separated into low pigtails. Her two-colored eyes sparkled as she twirled around in a obviously-handmade navy-blue dress, which had a pink bow tied around the waist. On her feet, she wore slip-on closed-toed shoes.

Midnight seemed proud of herself of her good work and seemed to be expecting some sort of compliment. I sighed and smiled. "Well, someone looks like a real princess." I winked over at Midnight and gave her a thumbs-up, which she gratefully accepted.

"I brought you something." I turned to Asuna. "Picked it up on my way here." I handed her a brown paper bag that I hid in a pocket. Inside, were pastries and muffins. As Asuna ate happily, I pulled Midnight aside and explained to her what was discussed in the meeting. Then, I asked her a few questions.

"Did she show any sign of a quirk?"

"No. She was perfectly calm."

"Did you ask about her quirk?"

"I explained mine, hoping that she would share hers, but I didn't want to push it."

"So we have no idea what power is stored in that tiny body?"

"I guess not." Midnight grabbed my arm. "What are we going to do with her? We don't know if she has any family. We can't send her somewhere without the risk of that organization capturing her again. Where is she going to stay?"

I closed my eyes, rubbing them to help me think. An idea came, but I wasn't particularly esstatic about it. But I said it out loud anyway.

"With me."

THIRD PERSON POV

Aizawa took Asuna by the hand as he led her to her new home. It didn't take much convincing; it was as if nothing would make her happier. No one argued with Aizawa, either. They all watched as the underground hero walked off with the mysterious girl hand-in-hand.

About halfway to their destination, Aizawa noticed the first sign of a quirk. Every step Asuna took, a small thin spot of ice sprouted across the ground.

"Wow, Asuna, that's a cool quirk." He complimented, stopping for a moment. Next to them was a local park.

Asuna scratched the back of her left ankle with the front of her right foot. "It's weird." she said and released Aizawa's hand. "It just does that sometimes. I didn't even tell myself to do that."

"I understand. Sometimes I accidently stare at someone and make them stop using their quirk when they're training and it messed them up." Aizawa made Asuna crack a smile. "We all have our ups and downs."

Asuna dropped her head. "I have a lot of downs..."

Aizawa patted the top of her head. "You will get better. I promise." Asuna shook her head violently. Then, all of the sudden, a gust of wind knocked Aizawa on his butt. Asuna's eyes widened and then again tearing up. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do that."

"It's ok. It didn't hurt; it just shocked me, that's all." He got up and brushed himself off. "No harm done."

So far, she has Ice powers and some sort of wind/air power...

"It's rare for one to have two quirks." Aizawa grinned. "You are very gifted."

"I...don't have two quirks..." Asuna admitted, which shocked Aizawa.

No way...is she going to show me her other quirks?

"I don't understand." Aizawa played along. Asuna fidgetted with the hem of her dress. "Is it rare for someone to have...five quirks?"

FIVE QUIRKS!!!

Aizawa closed his eyes for a moment.

This poor girl...what did they do to you...

Aizawa breathed in and exhaled slowly, then, kneeling down to one knee, he put both hands on Asuna's shoulders.

"Very." he said. "In fact, you are the only one who has that many quirks. It just makes you the most special princess in the world."

Asuna smiled and embraced him.

"Thank you." she breathed. Aizawa awkwardly hugged her back and then stood up. "Shall we head on?" je offered his hand to her. Asuna nodded and let Aizawa's large hand swallow her tiny one.