C H A P T E R 3 4

THIRD PERSON POV

Bakugo saw Todoroki and Asuna walking hand in hand to class and tsked his tongue. Kirishima noticed and smirked, sighing out of amusement. "You missed your shot. I guess Todoroki was more charming than you were."

Bakugo glared at him. "What the hell are you talking about, dumb ass?"

Kirishima lost the smile and stared at his friend. "Come on, man, don't deny it. You have a thing for Komiko. Just because you're all tough and mighty, doesn't mean you're not human." Bakugo whipped his head away and stuffed his hands in his deep pockets. "I don't know what the hell you're talking about. I don't give a damn about Air-Head or the Ice-guy." Kirishima huffed and, though he thought he might regret it first, slapped a hand on Bakugo's shoulder. At least, Bakugo didn't bite it off.

"You should at least tell her how you feel." Kirishima said, nodding. "Even if she's now taken. Who knows, she might dump the guy for you if your confession is affectionate enough." He nudged Bakugo's arm with his own and left him to head in the school.

Bakugo tsked again, but he couldn't keep his eyes away from Asuna, following her every movement as she entered the school with Todoroki. His fists clenched and stomped after her.

ASUNA'S POV

"Hey, Air-Head!"

I groaned as Shouto and I halted when we heard Katsuki shouting at me. He was sprinting at full speed and Shouto pulled me closer to him to avoid getting trampled. "Watch where you're going, Firecracker!" He huffed and looked at me with an eye-roll and a cracked smile. "Come on, let's go." We began to continue our walk, but Katsuki stood in our way.

"Come on, man, just move." Shouto said, sticking his hands in his pockets. I put a hand on his shoulder, signalling him to wait. "Katsuki, what is it?" I asked.

"I want...to talk to you..." His face suddenly turned red when our eyes met. I was shocked at the sudden request, but nodded at Shouto, who seemed on edge about it. After he walked off to class, it was just me and Katsuki.

"So what is it?" I asked again.

"Are you two together?"

"Maybe...yes, we are. Why do you ask?"

Katsuki didn't answer immediately, instead his chin tilted down slightly. "Have you...kissed yet?"

"Katsuki, what is this? Why are you suddenly interested in me and who I'm with?"

"Answer the damn question!" He shouted and his fists clenched even tighter to the point of his knuckles turning white. A feeling deep inside me didn't want to...I had never seen Katsuki act like this..."No." I lied.

"You kissed me..."

I remembered that battle we had in the tournament and how, out of courtesy, healed him with my quirk. Did he take it a different way...damn that quirk and how it functions...

"It's not what you think it was, Katsuki." I sighed. "I felt bad after almost suffocating you during our fight. I kissed you because it's how my quirk works."

"That's it...nothing else..." I noticed his shoulders were shaking and he was grinding his teeth.

"Katsuki...I—"

"I hate this!" He shouted in the empty hall. "Why did this happen to me!?" He punched the wall, but thankfully it didn't explode. "Damn it! Damn it! Damn it!"

"Katsuki, stop!" I bolted forward and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Just stop..." There was silence in the air as I held him tighter and tighter. "Katsuki, do you know what feelings are?" My voice muffled against his shoulder. I didn't get an answer, but the movement of his chin resting on my own shoulder signalled a response. "They are proof we are human. I guess it's not often you show yours because you want to be strong...but the truth is...Feelings make you stronger than ever."

Katsuki's arms slowly closed around my waist. Once they were, I believe he couldn't stop himself from the sudden realization. He squeezed me against him, burying his face in my long white hair. I swore I heard a whimper escape his lips, which were so close, I could feel his breath on my ear and neck.

"I think..." He started, but I finished. "No, Katsuki. You know...I know you know..."

We held our embrace for another long 20 seconds, until we finally slipped out of each other's arms. I cupped his jawline with both hands and planted a kiss on his lips.

"What was that for..." He breathed shyly, averting his eyes away from me. I stroked my thum on his cheek. "I'm healing your broken heart..."

Katsuki smiled. A genuine smile. The first real smile I've ever seen on his face.

"Thanks." he said, and turned away. "We got to get to class." I nodded and wiped my eye.

As we walked side by side down the empty hall, Katsuki nudged me in the arm. "If that Ice-guy ever hurts you, can I smoke him, Air-Head?" I laughed maybe too hard. "Sure, Boom-Mike, and I'll help you."