C H A P T E R 5

THREE MONTHS LATER

THIRD PERSON POV

Asuna walked up to the entrance of U.A High School. Five years ago, Mr. Aizawa saved her life at this very spot. Here was where her life was changed forever. And now it was also where the next chapter of her life will begin.

She followed the large group of middle schoolers, who all wore their individual school uniforms. Asuna wore a short black skirt with black leggings and a red and white plaid shirt over a white tank-top. Her white was bundled up in a messy bun on top of her head. Just a normal home-school outfit.

She did recieve several stares, which she suspect would happen with her clothes and hair and all.

It's good to stand out.

Asuna became distracted with all the beautiful scenery and spectacular aritecture of the school. As her eyes wander, she bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry." she apologized quickly, and then she realized they were a boy.

"No harm done." he said, turning towards her.

Both of their eyes widen.

"Your eyes..." they breathed at the same time, and then averted their gaze out of awkwardness. Both of them had different color eyes...

"S-see you around." Asuna said quickly and slipped past the quiet boy. That's when she noticed he was already wearing a U.A uniform.

An upperclassmen?! Are you serious!?

Asuna tried to focus on the task at hand. But seeing someone else with two-color eyes...not to mention his hair, too. One side was white like hers and the other side was fire red. She remembered seeing a burn mark on the left side of his face. It reminded her of the white scar on her right side.

I wonder what his quirk is...

She wanted to find out more about him.

Asuna slapped her cheeks.

No. Focus. You only have one job today. Become a U.A student.

All the middle schoolers gathered in a large conference auditorium, where none other than Present Mike gave the presentation for the entrance exam. Asuna sat herself next to two students wearing the same uniform. One was tall and had spiky, dirty-blonde hair; he seemed to have a permanent scowl on his face. The other was a short kid with wild, dark green hair and freckles. He had a more cheerful deposition. They must be classmates; maybe even friends.

After the presentation, everyone went into their designated groups. Asuna was in Group B. So was the rough-looking boy she sat next to.

Try to make a friend.

Asuna held her hand out to him. "My name is Asuna Komiko. Good luck to you."

The boy sneered. "I don't need luck. You better get used to the name Katsuki Bakugo because I'm about to tear this place and everyone in it apart. That top hero spot is mine." He then pushed his way to the front of the crowd.

Well, at least he's confident. No, Asuna, focus. You have to destroy as many robots as possible to rack up points or you came here for nothing.

FLASHBACK

EARLIER THAT MORNING

"Are you excited?" Aizawa asked the jumpy teenager.

"Of course!" she exclaimed. "I've been studying and focusing on my selected quirk for months. I have this in the bag."

"Now don't be too confident. You'll jinx yourself. And remember to talk to people while you're there. You'll might make a friend or two with a fellow student."

"Alright, I will." Asuna promised and then looked at the time. "I should head on over. Wish me luck."

"Good luck." Aizawa said, but then stopped. "Asuna, wait." The teenager turned to find her guardian holding his hand out to her. "Just remember: even if you don't get accepted, it's not the end of the world, so don't stress yourself out. Just focus on the target and you will succeed."

"I will." Asuna shook his hand with a firm grip. "I'm going now."

"Alright, good luck." Aizawa sighed. "And Asuna?"

Asuna turned one last time.

"Don't tell people I'm your guardian."

END OF FLASHBACK

The whistle was blown and the entrance exam royale began.