C H A P T E R 6

ASUNA'S POV

I rushed in the arena, which was a replica of a evacuated city, with the rest of the examinees, and already robots were showing up and getting blown to smithereens by different quirks. Some had elemental quirks, others had mutant quirks. There were some people with quirks I couldn't even describe.

Everything was happening so quickly, I didn't even have time to look for a robot, much less summon my quirk. I decided to stray from the main road and head down deeper alley ways, hoping I can find some enemies hiding.

I can't fight others for points; I have to be able to hunt down my own prey.

In luck, I found some one pointers down an empty street.

"Gotcha." I smiled, and held out my arms to summon my quirk. However, I didn't get a chance here either. That bastard Bakugo pounced them from behind me, destroying them with one gigantic blast. He landed in front of me; his palm sparked with explosives.

"Hey! That was my score!" I called him out. He smirked devilishly. "Too bad!" Just as he was about to leave me in the dust, a monsterous explosion shook the entire arena. All the sudden, chunks of a destroyed building hurdled towards Bakugo and me.

"Look out!" I pushed the fellow examinee, just before we both got squashed. "Get off of me!" He complained and quickly scrambled to his feet. "I don't need your help! I can handle anything!"

"Yeah, you Boom-mike?" I pointed behind him. "What about that?"

There, emerging from the wreckage, was the largest robot I've seen in the arena so far. What's worst...it was a Zero pointer.

Why did they make them so freaking huge?!

Bakugo's palms sparked more explosions before he sent a blast right to its chest piece. But, somehow, it dodged it!

"How can it be that fast!?" I shouted over the simultanous explosions coming from Bakugo, who seemed to be getting even more frustrated with the fact he couldn't land a hit. That's when the robot made its move. Using its unusual fast reflexes, it charged towards Bakugo. There was no where for him to escape.

"Go! Now!" I thrust my hands in front of me and finally used my quirk: Air Manipulation. A wall of air blocked the robot's swinging arm just feet away from Bakugo. I then commanded the wall to fold over the arm and, with a lot of strength, rip the limb right off. I surrounded Bakugo with a veil to protect him from the falling debris, while at the same time lifting my body and flying right up to the head. With one swoop, I sliced it clean off. The robot collasped, shaking the arena like an earthquake.

As I lowered myself to the ground, the horn echoed, signaling the exam was over.

My head hung down.

Zero points...that's all I got...

"Hey!"

My head shot up at the sound of Bakugo's rough shouting. I didn't really want to get an earful of boasting from him or a lecture on how I "stole" his last shot so I ignored him and made my way to the exit, disappointed with myself that I couldn't do better.

I could've done better...

LATER THAT NIGHT...

AIZAWA'S POV

I heard the front door open and assume it was Asuna. I walked over to greet her.

"Hey, how did it—" I stopped when I saw her. She had taken off her plaid shirt and let her hair down. Her bangs hid her eyes as her head hung. Her shoulders shook and her fists were clenched.

"Not so good, huh?" I sighed. "Well, Asuna, it's not the end until the letter comes in. You still have a chance."

"Not one point..." She said through her gritted teeth. I walked towards her, but she bolted upstairs to her room. I followed and came up to her slammed-shut door. I could hear her muffled crying.

Damn it...I had hoped she would succeed...

A couple days later, the letter came in. Asuna took it to her room and locked the door without a word.

I secretly crossed my fingers.

ASUNA'S POV

"I...I got in..."

I couldn't believe it.

"I GOT IN!!!" I sprinted out of my room and almost tripped on the stairs. "MR. AIZAWA!!! I DID IT!!! I'M IN!!!"

Mr. Aizawa's eyes widen as his mouth spread into a smile. "See? What did I tell ya?" He playfully ruffled my hair. "It's never the end until the end. And you did it."

"You really think I can become a pro-hero, Mr. Aizawa?"

"Duh, I basically raised you." He patted my head and headed to the kitchen. "How about we celebrate with super-quality food?"

"That would mean I'm cooking, then."

Mr. Aizawa laughed and I joined in.

I'm really on my way...aren't I?