C H A P T E R 2 0

THIRD PERSON POV

"Are you serious?..." Asuna's voice got caught in her throat. Her head whipped to the timer. "Guys, we only have a few minutes left. Whatever plan we come up with, it'll most likely be our last shot."

"I agree." Fumogami said. "Midoriya, what is your plan?" Midoriya didn't reply; no ideas were coming to mind. He began to panic.

Think, Izuku, think, you idiot.

"His left side..." Asuna mumbled. Midoriya heard her and suddenly realized it. Todoroki doesn't use his left side in combat... Immediately, a plan began to form and his team took immediate action. Asuna focused a barrier of air to secure around Todoroki's right arm, hoping to prevent him using his ice. Fukogami's Dark Shadow began to focus all of its attacks at his left side. With one swift movement, Midoriya's team closed in on Todoroki's. Midoriya reached out, a surge of One for All generated in his palm. Unable to use his ice, Todoroki forced his left arm out, flames bursting alive across his forearm. Midoriya took the opportunity and reached for the 10 million headband.

Asuna noticed his hand was going for the wrong one. "Deku, wait!" But it was too late, Midoriya had snatched one. Unconsciously, as the two teams passed each other, Asuna thrust her arm out and her fingers locked on another headband.

At that, the buzzer rang.

"No..." Midoriya stared at the 70-point bandana in his palm. "We lost..."

Asuna glanced down at the one she somehow obtained and gasped. "Deku, look!" She showed her team the 615-point headband she had managed to grab. Not to mention the 200-point one Dark Shadow had captured. With this many points, Midoriya's team took the third spot!

"You guys..." Midoriya's eyes watered dramatically. "You guys are the greatest!"

ASUNA'S POV

We somehow pulled through. Todoroki's team took first with the 10 million points, while Bakugo's team got second. In the fourth and final spot was an unknown team consisting of students from Class 1-B, the other Hero class.

There was a break before the final tournament and I finally got some free time. Immediately, I approached Shouto with a satisfied grin. "Seems you were wrong about me." I teased. In return, I got a unusally cold stare.

"Yeah, congrats." He began to walk away. I grabbed his wrist. "Hey, wait a minute, Shouto. You've been really distant ever since the first competition started. What's wrong with you? Did I do something wrong?"

Shouto's chin lowered and his frown deepened. "You haven't noticed?" I hesitated before shaking my head. "Notice what?" He thrust his finger at the stands. I followed to where he was pointing and gasped when I saw what he was talking about.

It was his father. The mighty number-two hero, Endeavor.

"Shouto, I—"

"I'm going to win." He interrupted me. "I'm not relying on anyone but myself as long as this tournament goes on and he is watching me, critizing me."

"I understand, but Shouto—"

"I need to go clear my head." He stopped me again and left without another word.

"Shouto..." I sighed, watching helplessly. Just as the silence around me grew sort of uncomfortable, a unfortunately familiar shouting made it worse.

"Hey, Wind-Queen!" Bakugo marched up to me with his mouth twisted. I rubbed my temples, exhausted. "I don't want any quarrel with you. Just...good luck in the tournament." I turned away, but he grabbed my wrist. "I'm not done with you." he said, and then quickly let go. "I just wanna let you know that I'm going all out in the tournament, and I expect you to be fighting me in the finals, too."

"Well, that's obvious, Boom-Mike." I thumped him in the forehead. "I'll see you around, Katsuki."

"Did you just..." His voice trailed off as I joined up with Uraraka and Momo.

After the break, they announced the spots in the tournament. My first opponent...

"Seriously?!" Bakugo furiously scratched his head. "After all that big talk!" I sighed, sort of disappointed myself.

"Well, let's start this tournament off with an entertaining show, Katsuki."

"Agreed."