Conversation

I don't own the cover picture: all credit goes to artist.
Also Grisha isn't dead in this sort of au.
Enjoy my weird Drabble/One-Shot ideas I think of at 2am in the morning
Marco isn't dead in this au either

Eren's POV

I couldn't fall asleep as easy as usual. I'm not really sure why but the only thing I could relate my insomnia for was because of the recent time changing from my omegan boyfriend and I traveling. Armin had adjusted easier to the time switch but I guess that's because he travels more than I do. I was watching the blonde and how his hair fell over his pale face whenever he would move in his sleep. This seemed to calm me down and somehow make me more groggy. Suddenly I saw his face began to frown. He's probably having a nightmare. I scooted down the side of our bed to be closer to him before I decided to wrap my arms around him.

"I'm right here Armin, it's ok, you and me aren't alone because we have each other."

I know that he probably can't hear me, but I guess saying that would give me the comfort of knowing, or at least making me believe, that we aren't alone.

After the demolish of all of the titans (minus me, if that counts) me and Armin built a small house near the ocean. We can't go to the beach as often because of how cold it gets during the winter here, but it's nice. Things are quiet here a lot, which Armin loves. I personally like things loud and exciting. Maybe it's because I-

"E-Eren?"

I lost my train of thought when I realized my boyfriend had woken up and was probably surprised by the short amount of space in between us. I know he doesn't mind it, but he knows that he didn't fall asleep like that.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just-  just another nightmare, I don't really remember what it was about, but I just remember being scared, but I guess it was bad enough to wake me up."

"Do you want me to turn on the light, or get an extra blanket or something. Do you want me to go get you some water, tea?"

Whenever either of us gets a nightmare it usually ends with us sitting in bed with a candle lit, sipping tea and having deep conversations for half an hour or so. After that we usually aren't that shaken up anymore so we can fall back asleep.

"tea, but um, c-can I come with you, I don't really want to be alone right now.

"Yeah of course"

Me and Armin walked downstairs, after turning on the lights in our kitchen Armin took out our box of tea bags while I began to heat up some water.

When we poured the lukewarm herb flavored water into cups we walked back upstairs to our room.

When we sat back up in bed Armin immediately went to my side

"I remember what my nightmare was about"

"What happened?"

He took a sip of his tea before beginning to speak again

"The government wanted you killed because they wanted to make sure there wouldn't be a Titan threat ever again, and I just remember feeling so so alone without you and then I guess I woke up, because I don't remember anything after that.

The blonde took a long sip of his tea before setting it down on his nightstand. I set my tea down as well when my boyfriend started to tear up and begin sniffling.

"No no, don't cry okay, I'm right here."

Since we were sitting up it kind of put us into an awkward half hug half leaning on kind of position. Awkwardly we laid back down again with our arms still around each other. I kissed the blondes scent gland before pulling him closer to me.

We stayed like that for maybe a few minutes, silently. Before Armin decided to break the mood by trying to make me laugh by poking me in the abdomen. He laughed uncontrollably when I giggled.

Before we realized it, we had been talking and laughing and crying for two hours now. It's about 4 am now, so I figured I need to turn off the light. We were spooning when I remembered what I was thinking about before Armin woke up. I needed to discuss this with him. I wrapped an arm around his stomach and used the other arm to run my fingers through his hair.

"H-hey Armin?"

"What is it Eren?" (I'm sorry I had to)

"U-Um d-do you ever really think about um having any kids?"

"Not-not really, why, do you u-um want any?"

Oh dear God this is going to be an awkward conversation.

"Well I mean, I was just wondering if you maybe wanted to um, ya know settle down and maybe add somebody new to our kind of sorta family thing, I-I mean we aren't really married or anything so technically we aren't legally-"

"I don't know Eren, I mean I'm thinking about going back to school a-and I don't really think that I could handle going through that and I mean I'm really sorry if you did want some, I'm a pain in the ass I know, but that's, that's just kind of what I think."

"Armin you aren't a pain in the ass, I just saw these parents at the park today and they just seemed really happy with their pups and I just realized how much I wanted to be a father and my mom really wanted grandkids, well before everything and-"

I couldn't talk anymore without choking on tears when I was talking about my mother.

"Eren"

"Yeah"

"Maybe we weren't supposed to have children, and maybe we were put into this life because we were meant to join the survey corps. I could be wrong because I am about a lot of things but, maybe we should see how everything ends up with the government and make a decision in a few years. I-if you're okay with at?"

"Y-yeah"

"U-um just out of curiosity, um, how many kids did you want?"

"Maybe at least, 4 or 5 I guess."

Armin shifted around awkwardly.
There was a long long pause of awkward silence.

"I-I don't really think that I could handle getting pregnant, or-or giving birth to 4 or 5 kids. I'm really really sorry Eren.

"Don't be sorry. I'm not the person who would be physically having any pups. So if you're not ready or you don't think you could handle that, then that's your choice and I don't have a say in that.

Armin shifted back more comfortably back into Eren's arms.

"Eren"

"Yeah"

"I love you"

"Love you too Armin."

And after that we drifted asleep.

I don't know if I'm going to make a few more chapters, idk I'll see how busy I get when school starts.