Did you love me then?

We were going on an expedition beyond the walls the next morning. I was holding Armin close to me while Mikasa sat near us. Inside the Survey Corps common room type place we were sitting in, we made sure to tell each other that we loved each other. Mikasa stood up and told us that she was going to try and get some sleep. Which left me and Armin alone together. I hadn't told Armin that I loved him in more of a friendly way yet. I wanted-no needed to tell him about how when we were younger, I wanted him to be my family, and give me a family, and be there for me.
My mate.
As cliche as that sounded I tapped Armin on the shoulder.

"Yes?"

He blinked his teary eyes at me.
Those eyes that had been so full of wonder and excitement about seeing the outside world, not so long ago, were now filled with fear and worry strangely for the same reason.

"Armin I love you. Like more than a friend should, and that first day I met you, I realized that I wanted you to be in my arms and have you allow me to protect you."

"Eren, I love you too"

We spent the rest of that night holding each other crying and clinging to each other for dear life, both of us thinking about our childhood. Flashbacks of my mother getting eaten alive, and seeing the destruction of a Titan invasion and seeing squad Levi getting killed was all flossing back to me, in screams and horrifying images flashing through my mind.

4 years later
I bolted awake with tears in my eyes, screaming.

"Eren are you okay?!"

I stayed quiet for a moments breathing heavily and trying to calm myself down. I looked into Armin's deep ocean blue eyes.

"Nightmare"

"Was it about the survey corps again?"

"Yeah"

"I'll go make you some tea, do you want to come with me?"

Armin leaned over to turn on a lamp and read the time on our digital clock.
2:37am

"I'll be fine here"

About 5 minutes later, Armin returned with tea and some water.

"Hey Armin?"

"Yes?"

"C-can I hold you? Your scent calms me down"

"Of course"

The small blonde fits into my arms like a glove. I think that we truly were meant for each other.
I gently ran my fingers through silky blonde hair and inhaled my finances scent.
That's how we stayed for about half and hour, whispering short sentences to each other and breathing in one another's scent.

We couldn't do this if we had kids, well at least not for the first few years. I don't know if I could handle not being able to hold Armin like this and just really enjoy his company without being interrupted.

________________________________

I am so so sorry that this chapter is so short. I wanted to update another chapter since it had kinda been a while, but I'm having some major writers block right now, so it may be a couple weeks before the next update. Sorry 😕