Speaking Again

I had involve the use of current technology in this fic because it makes things easier for me to write the plot. So sorry if that bothers u.

6 months later

"You're heading out?"

"Yeah I have a geography final, I'll be back early though, they're letting out classes early."

"Good luck."

I waved to my boyfriend as he walked out the door. He started going back to school a few months ago because he wanted to finish getting an education. Meanwhile I had to babysit Horseface and Marcos' pups today.

I texted Marco that I was on my way. Then I grabbed my phone and my keys and sat down in my car. On the way to the Kirstein-Bodt household I decided to call my dad.

"Hello"

"Hey dad, um can I tell you something."

"What is it?"

"I'm thinking about proposing to Armin."

"Eren I swear, if you're just wanting marry him because you got your boyfriend knocked up, don't do it."

"N-no dad, Armin isn't pregnant."

"Well then you need to do your job as an alpha and sire children. I think you should propose to him so that way your omega might feel more comfortable to have children, they're meant to be birth givers, right."

I was expecting this kind of response from my dad.

"Dad I'll call you later."

I ended the call and slammed my arm on the car horn in frustration. From the sudden appearance of traffic and the anger of how my father was referring to Armin. Of course I would be angry.

Eventually I got to Horseface's house, and apologized to Marco for being late. They gave me a list of stuff to do for their pups and a list of allergies, etc. Kirstein had been a lot happier since he and Marco had their pups, but I'm not sure if it would make me and Armin happier, or more stressed. I think I'm just still hooked on the idea of having children, Armin wants to be completely devoted to education and rebuilding society.

*flashback*
"Maybe we just weren't meant to have children, maybe we were put into this life because we were meant to join the survey corps"
*end of flashback*

Maybe Armin's right.
However, when I had to pick up and hold a pup for somebody I would always feel like I wished that I could hold one of my own somebody, maybe one that had My hair and Armin's eyes. I wouldn't care. As long as it was part of both of us.
I always see pregnant omegas with their alphas whenever I'm walking down the street and I'm not sure why I do this exactly, but I always try to envision me and Armin like that. My boyfriend heavy with child and me feeling like I've fulfilled my duty as an alpha. Holy fuck, society really has made me think that that's all I could want in life. I think that I'm so worked up on trying to be a perfect member of society that I'm not even focusing on the big picture. We wouldn't have enough money to have kids because im the only person in our house that works. Armin goes to college so he's taking a break from work for a while. Maybe when he's finished with school, he'll be able to have more experience and get really high paying career. Then I guess we could travel more. I doubt that Armin would want to spend all of our hard earned money on having children. So maybe we should hold off on making a decision for a few more years.

I had just realized that the first reason I wanted to join the survey corps was so that I could see the world. Now that I finally have that chance. Why am I wanting to settle down.

I was deep in thought I until I heard the pups that I was supposed to be watching begin to cry. I walked into their room feeling super guilty that I wasn't giving them attention. I picked them both up and the started to be a bit more calm.

One of them definitely had horseface's really small pupils and Marcos hair. The other however was an exact replica of Marco, besides their eye color.

I'm coming to the decision that I might be the most fickle person in the entire damn world.
Before I was just decided that I wanted to go see the world without having children, and now after holding pups again I think that still want kids. Maybe not 4 or 5 anymore, but maybe at least 1 or 2. Why does life have to be so fucking confusing. Can't I do both of my "dreams".