Chapter 1. Broken

No ones POV

In the end Celestial reign was ended, Natsu was rescued, Gray had been put in a special cell and the empire was being rebuilt so the Fairy Fighters were free to join the kingdoms police force and more or return to the streets.

Everything seemed good again but in the Fairy Fighters main base things weren't so good, the medical bay was still loaded with wounded soldiers and a few civilians and in Natsus room another war was taking place...

Natsu had gone on a rampage and ransacked his room before a nurse finally made it and was forced to give him a sedative.

Natsu had suffered unimaginable horrors in the dungeons and was diagnosed with severe night terrors,  PTSD and severe anxiety.

Natsu sat on the windowsill and stared outside mindlessly as Wendy cleaned the mess that he had made, she had found it scary that not even Levy could calm Natsu down when he was triggered and she hated how he had to have a sedative every time it happened.

The door opened and Levy walked into the bedroom,

"Hey Wendy, your needed down in the medical bay. I'll finish cleaning in here." Levy smiled and Wendy returned it before nodding and leaving,

"Thanks Levy!" Wendy called before she disappeared.

Levy sighed as she shut the door and began to clean,

"L-Levy?..." Natsu stuttered quietly, his voice was hoarse due to the lack of use in his vocal cords.

Levy looked up with slight surprise,
"Yes Natsu?" She asked and Natsu turned to face her,
"W-what happened... After I was rescued?" He asked, fiddling with his sleeve as worry filled his mind and Levy pursed her lips,
"Well... The Fairy Fighters attacked the castle and we won. Many were injured an some were killed but we did it. Celestials reign was out to an end." She told him with a chuckle,
"What.. happened to Gray?" Natsu asked,
Levy looked down, "Gray was captured by Sting and Rouge, he has been put into a special room. We can go visit him?" She offered an Natsus eyes widened before he pulled his knees to his chest tightly and quickly shook his head, "he wouldn't want to see m-me and I-I... I don't want t-to see him."

Levy frowned in confusion, what happened between Gray and Natsu while she was gone,
"What happened?" She asked and Natsu opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out besides a choking noise do he sadly closed his mouth again.

Levy reluctantly turned away again and went back to cleaning up.

After a while, Natsu surprisingly stood up and began to clean too, Levy smiled to herself as she got a small wave of nostalgia hit her.

Natsu began to pick up the remains of a broken tea-cup and a small shard scratched his finger and he began to bleed, Natsu looked at the blood and his breath suddenly caught in his throat.

He shakily stood to his feet and Levy stood up with concern, Natsu looked around the room and his breath began to quicken as memories from the castle swarmed his mind.

Levy quickly realised what was going on and put her hands on Natsus shoulders,

"Natsu, focus on me and nothing else." Levy commanded and Natsus eyes flicked onto her as he struggled for air.

"Breath with me, 1...2...3...4...5..." Levy counted and took deep breaths, Natsu attempted to breath with her but Brains words slashed through his mind and he shoved Levy away.

Levy fell to the ground and before she could get up Natsu has already made it to the door,

"Natsu!" She yelled as she got up and followed him out of the door and chased him through the hallways,

"Natsu! Stop!" She yelled and Sting and Rouge suddenly appeared from another hallway and joined the chase.

Natsu was still weak and soon they managed to catch him, Sting and Rouge tackled him to the ground and held him down reluctantly as he struggled and yelled.

Levy was forced inject a sedative into his arm an he slowly began to fall asleep,

"No-o... Help m-me..." Natsu whispered as his vision went blurry before he faded into black and his body went limp.

Sting and rouge sighed as they slowly stood up,

"Let's get him back to his room." Rouge said and the other nodded sadly as Sting picked him and they took him back to his room.

Levy tucked Natsu into his bed before returning to her cleaning, as she picked up a smashed glass she noticed a drop of water splash onto the ground.

She put a hand to her cheek and realised that a small river of tears were spilling from her eyes, Levy sat down and pulled her knees to her chest as small sobs escaped her lips.

It wasn't fair.

Life wasn't fair- it never was.

Levy cried for over thirty minutes before she managed to calm down and finish cleaning Natsus room.

---

Meanwhile in Grays room, which was nearly identical to Natsus, Gray sat at a small table with Makarov who was now the king.

"Your mother was an amazing woman, she was a incredible ice-make Mage as well. She taught you and your brother." Makarov told Gray and he nodded along,

"Tell me then... Where is my brother?" Gray asked,
"Lyon is my second in command, he travels between our bases. You'll see him eventually." Gray nodded again,
"And... Natsu?" He asked and Makarov tensed up.

"Natsu was successfully rescued and is here in another private room... You see, Natsu has suffered a lot physically and mentally. Right now he is very mentally unstable so he is being kept in there for his own recovery." Makarov said quietly.

Grays head had dropped down so his bangs fell in front of his eyes,
"It was all my fault... Please let me see him..." Gray whispered and Makarov shook his head,
"I'm sorry but you aren't fully trusted yet and Natsu is not ready for guests besides his team of Dragon Slayers and Levy McGarden. Whenever he has a panic attack there is no known way to calm him yet, a few days ago he went on a rampage and trashed his room." Makarov told him sadly.

"This was all my fault but I swear Natsu is fixable."

-word count: 1082

:3