Chapter 18. End

Sorry this has taken a while to publish, last chapter jitters

No ones POV

Gray awoke with a start and shot upright in shock, only to be greeted with a strong wave of intense pain in his head. He groaned and pinched the bridge of his nose, trying to ease the migraine as his eyes slowly adjusted to the lights.

Gray was lying atop a hospital bed, still fully clothed and only hooked up to a heart monitor that he unclipped from his finger. It was mostly just a precaution and somewhere to keep him while they took care of... Natsu.

How long had he been passed out? Is Natsu okay?

Is he... alive?

Gray swung his legs over the bed and wobbled across the hospital room, basically falling into the door. He pushed it open and staggered out into the hallway, his strength slowly coming back to him.

He wobbled over to a nearby nurse who was reading over some notes on a clip board. He put a hand on her shoulder, accidentally startling her and causing her to spin around with a squeak.

"Where's Natsu? Is he okay?" Gray asked quickly, his voice tight.

The nurse bit her lip, "I-I'll fetch Ms Levy."

"Is he alive?!" He asked louder than he intended too.

The nurse gave a quick nod, "Yes, but barely. Ms Levy will give you the derails." She explained quickly and Gray relaxed a little.

"Please wait here for a minute." She said.

Gray let go of her shoulder and sat down on one of the chairs, rubbing his face with emotional exhaustion. Natsu was alive, but barely, that was enough right?

Gray waited anxiously for the nurse to return with Levy, no matter how much he dreaded it he needed to know what happened.

"Gray." Levy said, keeping her voice firm.

Gray's head shot up and he saw the  extremely exhausted Levy walking towards him. Her hair was messy and bags were clear under her eyes, her uniform creased and sloppy.

"Levy," he hesitated. "What happened?"

Levy sat down in the seat next to him and Gray turned his chair to the side to face her. Levy sighed and rubbed her face before speaking.

"Natsu was rushed into the med bay as soon as possible but he had still lost a lot of blood by the time we got him on the table. I'm not going to lie, Natsu wouldn't have pulled through if Porlyusica hadn't been there. The cut was deep and he caught a vein, we had to use magic to seal it.

Natsu... flatlined once in the surgery and Wendy didn't have enough magic energy left to revive him but Porlyusica did with some spell I'd never even heard of. He's in a hospital room right now, he was brought in there about three hours ago. Things have been crazy, Gray, the same problems have been occurring at the other two bases too. The only base that hasn't been attacked is Cait Shelter, whoever is attack is smart enough to know that there is no point attacking that base."

Gray nodded along to Levy's words blankly, this was a lot to take in and he couldn't believe it. All of the leaders of each base had been knocked unconscious.

"This is an outrage!" A woman yelled as she was being held back by a large man Gray recognised as an ex-servant.

"Calm down, Evergreen!" The large man yelled at her, trying to calm the kicking girl.

"Elfman is right. Luxas will be okay!" A man with long green hair said to the girl.

Ah yes, Elfman was his name, thought Gray.