Chapter 2. Embrace

No ones POV

A few days had passed and Natsu wasn't getting any better, he was still having panic attacks quite often and the sedative was still the only way to calm him.

It was the middle of the night and no one was awake... No one except Natsu.

He stood in front of a mirror in his room and stared at his reflection, his back was coated in scars and the pink fairy tail symbol was still pink on his shoulder.

Natsu was thin and rather fragile, he gulped as his hand traced his collarbone where those marks once were, even though they had faded away Natsu could still see them in his eyes.

Natsu pulled his shirt back on, he was happy to have his own clothes back but he hated how the sleeveless side showed the fairytail scar.

He pulled his scarf back on before heading back to his bed, he lay down and snuggled into his scarf before letting out a shaky breath and falling asleep.

Time skip cause I'm lazy and sick XD

Natsu groggily woke up just as the door opened and Wendy came in with a tray of food,

"Good morning, Natsu." Wendy smiled and Natsu gave a small nod before he got up and sat down at the table while Wendy set the table for Natsu and herself, humming to herself softly.

Natsu listened to the tune intently, it made him happy and calm yet he couldn't bring himself to smile.

Natsu watched Wendy eat for a while before slowly starting to eat his own food, after a few minutes of comfortable silence Wendy spoke up,

"Someone wants to visit you today." Wendy told him and Natsu have her a confused look,

"W-who?" He asked,

"You'll see. Makarov just wants to test something." Wendy said and Natsu swallowed as a lump of worry formed in his throat.

Wendy reached across the table and held Natsus hand reassuringly,
"Don't worry, it's nothing to worry about."

Natsu nodded slightly, Wendy frowned for a second before standing up,

"I'm needed back down in the medical bay, Levy or I will be back soon. Remember to stay warm as well, it's almost winter and it's starting to get real cold!" Wendy chirped before leaving.

Natsu got up and looked out the window, Wendy was right, there was a large amount of early morning fog and a lot of the buildings had layer of frost on their roof tops.

Natsu chuckled dryly, usually he was immune to the cold yet his heart felt as if there was no blood left in it at all.

Natsu sat on his bed and made a fist with his hand, he frowned in focus as flames flickered across his hand but he still couldn't get his fist to light up.

He sighed undefeated after a few minutes and got up and walked into the atheism to have a shower, the mirror now had a sheet over it because Natsu couldn't stand his reflection.

He couldn't stand himself.

---

Natsu had showered and gotten changed before returning to his window sill and, what a surprise, he was staring out the window in complete daze, unaware of anything going on around him.

He didn't even notice the door click open as Levy came in with Natsus guest before going back outside to wait on the other side of the door.

"N-Natsu?" He breathed and Natsu tensed up and shakily turned his head away from the window,

"G-Gray?" He croaked with a hoarse voice.

Gray looked at Natsu in horror, he wasn't worried about the fact that Natsu was extremely thin and rather pale, or how you could still see some of his healing wounds and scars.

It was his eyes that shocked Gray the most, the were dull and pained with no flame left in them like they once were, now they were just empty lumps of coal.

"Natsu... I'm so sorry. Please know that I still l-love you." Gray pleaded and Natsu looked down sadly,

"Well if y-you loved me... Why'd you leave m-me?" He asked as a tear escaped his eye.

Gray stood silently with wide eyes at Natsus words, Gray shakily began to walk towards Natsu.

Natsu didn't move as Gray came closer and tears spilled from his eyes, Gray cautiously sat down next to Natsu and pulled him into a tight hug.

Natsu sat there for a while before giving in and wrapping his arms around Gray and crying into his shoulder,

"I-I'm bro-oken." Natsu sobbed, "They don't k-know how to he-lp me." He choked as Gray stroked his hair in a comforting way,

"I'm so sorry." Gray whispered to him repeatedly and after a few minutes they just sat there in each others embrace as unimaginable guilt swirled around inside inside Gray.

If only he had listened to Natsu, this would never have happened and they'd still be fine together but Gray had damaged Natsu and it was a lot more than a dent.

Levy watched them through the key hold and smiled to herself, her theory was right and Natsu may have a saviour to drag him from the depths of his past.

Gray pulled away and stared into Natsus dull eyes, he lifted up a hand and gently caressed his cheek.

A small, barely visible, flicker of flame suddenly whisked through Natsus eyes making Gray smile, the fire wasn't out completely after all!

Gray couldn't resist, he leaned in and pressed his lips against Natsu dried and cracked ones, it was only quick and he pulled away with a light blush on his cheeks to see Natsu with shock in his wide eyes and a blush on his face.

Gray laughed and leaned his back on the wall so they sat with their feet touching in front of the window, just like they had back in the castle.

Luckily, this time it didn't trigger Natsu and instead he leaned against Gray and a small almost non-existent smile played on his face.

Maybe he was fixable.