Chapter 13. Sparks

Just a reminder, please, please, please tell me if there's anything you would like to change. I have noticed my mistake with things like Rogue and Lamia but for example, please tell me if you'd like to see more of any characters like the other dragon slayers.

No ones POV

It was a cold winter night when a ruckus was caused in the medical bay, it was the night that a dragon awakened from its slumber.

The nurses were freaking when Gajeel woke up so grumpily that he started to chow down on his metal bed side table and by the time Wendy sleepily left her room to see what the commotion was she was left in shock. The poor nurses had seemed to have barricade Gajeels door and were all discussing what to do in a low whisper.

"Um, would you like me to talk to him? He's always grumpy in the morning." Wendy offered politely to the shocked nurses who were now freaking out because a little girl offered to take care of him.

Obviously though, they didn't say no. The nurses hurriedly pushed away the tables they'd been using as barricades, watching eagerly as Wendy went in.

"Good morning, Mr. Gajeel. I'm glad to see that you're awake." Wendy said as she stuck her head into the room.

Gajeel seemed to instantly relax at her presence and that was enough for her to close the door behind herself. Wendy sat down next to Gajeel and took his large hand in her own small one.

"You should calm down and try to get some sleep. It's only two in the morning and if you cause too much ruckus you'll wake Natsu." She said with a small, comforting smile.

Gajeel pinched the bridge of his nose with his free hand,
"Tell me everyone's okay, Natsu's okay, you're okay."

"Yes we're all okay. We caught Midnight and he's in a heavy guarded cell, Brain however is still running around." Wendy explained.

"Natsu's okay?" Gajeel asked again, shivering at the thought of the syringes... chains... blood and... no, he didn't want to think about that.

"Yes. He's recovering well now, and even I can't believe it, but Natsu wants to revise Fire Dragon slaying... from you."

Gajeel looked surprised but then he grinned and started to get up,

"Then let's start now!" He said but Wendy quickly pushed him back down.

"Gajeel! It's two in the morning remember? He's actual asleep for once!"

Gajeel grumbled but sat back down,

"Whatever... Can you do something? I feel like shit." Gajeel said to Wendy, pinching the bridge of his nose as a headache began to tear him apart.

"Sorry Gajeel, Levy advised that I, along with the other Dragon Slayers, refrain from using magic while we recover. I'll go find Levy though." Wendy explained and stood up.

Gajeel grunted in reply but didn't argue when Levy left the room and soon returned a few minutes later with a still half-asleep Levy. Levy's face seemed to light up in a little bit of surprise when she saw that Gajeel really was awake.

"I'm glad to see that you have finally woken up, Sleeping Beauty." Levy teased through an airy laugh.

Gajeel scoffed but then winced, bring his hand back up to his face and pinching the bridge of his nose.

"I'll give you some painkillers and then we can do a check up. Actually, Wendy, here's my pass- can you please go get us some?" Levy asked and Wendy nodded before taking the pass from Levy's neck and leaving the room.