Chapter 12. Bare hands

Thank you guys so much for all of the support you gave me in the last chapter. Sorry but updates will be slow but I'll try my best!

No ones POV

Three hours after Natsu was taken into the surgery room, Levy came out to confront Gray and Wendy who had been waiting outside.

"What happened?!" Gray yelled, standing up with Wendy at his side.

Levy barely even flinch when Gray yelled, instead she let out a sigh and rubbed her temples.

"Back when Natsu was retrieved from Midnight and Brain, one injury that he received while there was a non-fatal stab wound just above his hip. We thought that the wound was clean enough but turns out that it was in fact... infected. Not only that but Natsu ripped open the wound in pain. It's no longer fatal and he'll recover in a few days so he can stay in his room."

Gray and Wendy both sighed in relief and fell back onto the chair, leaning back. Levy chuckled at the two but then stopped,

"Hold on, I forget to mention! The best doctor in the area is coming from Cait Shelter so she can do what she can to help Natsu in any way." Levy said excitedly.

"Wait... why is she in Cait Shelter? That's the smallest base, right?" Wendy frowned.

"Oh, she really doesn't like teenagers or most people. Cait Shelter serves as more of a refuge for families who where damaged by the revolution or lost their home. It would've been nice to send Natsu there but it has the weakest defence." Levy explained and Gray nodded along.

"Alright well I'm going to go check on the other patients. Natsu will be transferred to his room in a few minutes." Levy said before waving goodbye and heading down the hallway.

However, Gray noticed Levy rub her face as if she was stressed. Was she hiding something from the two?

"Well, I-." Wendy was cut off by a nurse down the hallway.

"Miss Wendy! Your therapist is here to see you!" The nurse called. Wendy nodded, trying to hide her disappointment.

"Alright. Bye Gray!" She smiled before hurrying off towards her hospital room.

Gray sat down again and started to fidget. He didn't like the quiet medical bay.

He was happy that Wendy was seeing a therapist after what happened with Midnight. It would be pretty traumatic for her age but she seemed to be getting better.

All you could hear was the sound of beeping and bustling people and it made Gray feel as if is head were going to tear into two. There was also the acidic smell of antibiotics and other medicines, he felt bad for the Dragon Slayers who had to stay here and recover.

Gray jumped when the doors opened and a few doctors and nurses wheeled an unconscious Natsu back towards his room on a stretcher. They came back out a few minutes later, they must've moved him to his normal bed.

Gray looked at the doctor who had been helping the nurses wheel him in, he looked... unfamiliar. Gray has spent a lot of time down in the medical bay lately and had never seen this doctor before, was he new?

It was rather creepy.

Gray felt a shiver go down his spine, he decided to look into this later.