Chapter 4. Daylight

No ones POV

Today was the day.

Today Natsu was going to leave his room and go outside.

Natsu sat on his bed nervously waiting for Gray to come collect him so that together they could go outside so Natsu could finally get some fresh air.

Someone knocked on the door making Natsu jump but when Gray walked through he gave him a nervous smile.

Gray put a careful hand on Natsus shoulder,

"You'll be fine. Ready to go?" He asked and Natsu nodded before standing up.

They made their way through the door and walked through the hallways quietly, Gray kept a hand on Natsus shoulder to make sure he didn't bump into anyone. Natsu couldn't bring himself to look at the faces of his comrades.

He could feel their stares boring into him.

Natsu, the leader of the Dragon Slayers.

The poor young man who was destroyed by his own strength.

Natsu drifted behind Gray as if he could shield him from the truth and protect him from the stares.

Could he do it? could he really go outside where even more people will stare at him? Of course they would know who he was. The psychopathic rouge who laughs at death.

Natsu began to tense up as he tried to make up his mind,

"You can do this." Grays soft voice broke through his walls and managed to calm him, he gave a small nod and moved next to him again.

Natsu slowly lifted up his head and his eyes widened, all of the stares that he felt also held a smile. Everyone in the halls had stopped to smile at the brave rouge.

Gray suddenly came to a halt and Natsu looked up to see the large doors at the front of the door, a familiar girl with scarlet red hair made her way over to them.

"Its good to see that you're going outside. You don't have anything to fear, Jellal and I will be watching over with a few more guards." she told them wth a smile,

"Thank you Erza." Gray thanked her before taking a deep breath and opening the doors, light flooded Natsus eyes.

After they adjusted to the light, they looked around the crispy, snow-glazed garden. It was honestly stunning.

Gray lead Natsu through the garden and out of the gates, the guards gave the two a small nod of approval as they left the safety of the base and out into the town.

Natsu held onto Grays elbow as they walked closer to the heart of the town, slowly more townspeople appeared and all of their attention to the pink haired rogue and prince.

Natsu kept his eyes locked on the floor and Gray stared straight ahead.

Eventually (after a lot of encouragement from Gray) Natsu looked up at the buildings around him and found that straight ahead of him stood a half destroyed castle covered in builders who were repairing it.

Gray pulled Natsu over to a bench and sat him down before quickly going to a nearby stall and buying them some food. He came back with a loaf of bread, a bottle of wine and two plastic glasses.

The makeshift 'fancy' lunch made Natsu laugh and Gray chuckle too,

"I tried, okay?" Gray laughed,

"It's great, thank you." Natsu smiled at him and poured their wine.

Natsu and Gray continued to talk as they relaxed, drunk their wine and ate their cheese and bread. However, after a good twenty minutes of talking a small band set themselves up and began to play.

Almost instantly people began to dance so Gray took Natsus hand and lead him over. At first Natsu was shy but soon got into it and started to dance with almost all of the other dancers energy combined.

After a while the music stopped and every froze into each others arms and Natsu laughed an airy laugh as he stared into Grays eyes.

Something caught Natsus attention behind Gray and it made his blood run cold. A young man walked past but his eyes were locked onto Natsu as he held a massive grin on his face but...it wasn't a kind one. It was just like the one Natsu did when he was about to be executed.

"G-Gray... Can we head back now?" Natsu asked and Gray frowned but didn't question it.

Grays eyes flicked up to the guards to see that three out of six of them, including Jellal, had started running along the roofs in a different direction.

Something must be going on.

A voice suddenly spoke up through the earpiece in Grays ear an he could hear a guard talking to him.

"Gray, a very suspicious civilian was caught doing... Unnatural behaviour towards Natsu. We have sent three guards after him and we recommend the you get ho-GHH-"

A guard crashed down off the roof an landed on the floor making Natsu yelp. Gray spotted a stab wound in the back of his neck so he instantly grabbed Natsus hand and started sprinting toward the safe-house.

They were panting heavily as they sprinted towards the front gate where a large group of guards stood defensively and awaited their return.

Before they made it a black mist began to swell around them and almost trap them but Gray dived through the gate with Natsu and they skidded across the ground.

They looked back at the gate to see the dark magic screech angrily as it was held back by a forcefield that surrounded the safe house and the guards stumbled away from the edge slightly.

A slightly out of breath Erza walked over to Natsu and Gray to help them up as they continued to pant heavily.

"Are you two alright?" She asked. They both nodded, only Natsu was injured but it was a small scrape from diving through the gate earlier.

"I recommend that you come inside and give us some extra information about what happened out there." Erza said and they both nodded and followed her into the safety of the building with fear suffocating their hearts.

?_?

Ayyyeeeee I made another chapter! Just so you know I won't have a schedule so updates may take a while but I will try to get them out ASAP!! Thank you all for being so patient with me!!! TT^TT

-Jelly