Chapter 7. Lacrima Scale

Sorry this took a while, it's 2100 words which is double my usual and yesterday my phone over heated T^T

Grays POV

We headed out towards the carriages that had been prepared for us, there was two in the courtyard, I would be travelling in one with Natsu, Levy and Gajeel while Wendy, Laxus, Sting and Rouge went in the other.

From the looks of it, Wendy would most likely pass out when she got in. She had used up a ton of magic energy on the other Dragon Slayers so that they wouldn't get affected by the moving vehicle as badly.

However, Natsu had been given a sedative to knock him out cold for the whole trip so that he could sleep through his anxiousness and motion sickness.

I looked down and fiddled with edge of the cloak I had been given before looking over at the others who all wore the same cloaks as I.

Slowly we split up and climbed the small ladder into the carriage, Wendy passed out before we made it so Gajeel and Sting helped her get in while I helped Gajeel with Natsu.

Soon enough the carriages began to move as the horses began to trot along the path and we headed out into a path that went through the woods because it would be safer than the open streets.

We all sat in silence as I fiddled with Natsus hair, he had been awkwardly lay down on my seat with his head resting on my lap.

Finally Gajeel broke the silence with a cough,
"So... How long until we get there?" He asked.

"About half an hour but we took the longer rout so around forty-five minutes." Levy shrugged and Gajeel groaned which made me chuckle.

"So, how long have you guys known Natsu?" I asked and Levy leaned back in thought.

"Well... I've known him since we were kids. He was dumb and cute back then and always came up with dumb ideas that got him hurt or into trouble. He knew Lucy back then as well." Levy reminisced with a sigh.

"Seems like the years didn't change the flaming-knuckle head." Gajeel laughed and we both chuckled at his comment.

"Yeah, you're right." I agreed and smiled down at Natsu but still felt guilt swirling in my stomach.

Gajeel and Levy continued to talk and the carriage rattled on, slowly I felt my eye lids begin to grow heavy and the sound around me go quiet as I started to fall into unconsciousness myself.

For a second I woke again as I almost fell into a nightmare of my father and past but soon began to doze off once more.

BANG!!

My eyes shot open as the carriage was struck by something hard and began to tip over.

I tried to shield Natsus body as my back was slammed into the side and I now lay on my back with Natsu lying half on top of me, I looked over to see that Gajeel had managed to shield Levy as well.

The door slowly opened and we all squinted as we were blinded by the light, Gajeel didn't really seem to react so it must have been another Dragon Slayer?

We were both terribly wrong.

Before we could react, a young man with black and white hair grabbed Natsu by the back of his collar and roughly pulled him out of the carriage like he weighed nothing.

I attempted to grab Natsu wrist before he was pulled away but the enemy was too strong and I lost my grip so seconds later we were all bundling out of the carriage.

Outside was Laxus, Sting and Rouge who were trying to fight back against a horde of rouges and Natsu was being carried away by the man.

Anger filled me and I growled in fury and slammed my fist into my open palm like it was second nature,