Chapter 11. Anxiety

Midnights POV

I glared at the woman who sat on the other side of the table and flicked my eyes around the room that I was being held in. It was concrete with a heavily guarded wood and steel door, there was also two vents that were too small for anyone to fit through.

In other words, I was screwed.

Brain had told me that if I helped him he would offer me protection. Our group was the head of a cult called the Oracion Seis.

Over the years we have picked up quite a lot of fame, especially because when we first started we used to kidnap children and adults to be slaves or servants. However, by the time I joined the cult the majority of their slave joints had been taken over by a man named Makarov.

That man that is now the leader of the Fairy Tail New-Republic.

As for my interrogator, Erza Scarlet, she was once one of the people who were used as servants which just raised the factor of how much she despised me.

Honestly, I myself was a slave too.

Erza was also the one who lead the group that had been taking out the other members in my team. She worked with a main team that consisted of a newer recruit- Lucy Hearfilia, Jellal (who was also in our grasp years ago), and of course Erza Scarlet.

"Listen, Macbeth. All I ask for is that you work with me here. Things are gonna become bad for you if you choose to be a pain in my ass." Erza glared at me.

I smirked at her and let out a chuckle,
"You're going to kill me anyways, right? Why should I tell you anything."

"We want to refrain from execution. Every day you spend in here is an extra year that you'll spend in prison." Erza glared and for a second I faltered.

I was sure that they were going to execute me, Brain told me that all of my friends had been slaughtered without mercy.

"Tell me... what happened to the other members of my team, were they killed?" I asked her slowly.

"You aren't meant to be the one asking the questions... they're all alive. They're being held in prison." Erza grumbled.

I felt my heart flutter in my chest but also a sense a dread lurked in me. Brain... lied to me?

"Brain... he told me that he would protect me... that all of the other members of my team had been killed by you." I said softly, I didn't want to believe that it was true.

I didn't want to believe that Brain had lied to me... he was like a father to me. But... Brain has also promised us protection and now we've all been captured.

All of us except for Brain.

That's when I remembered something and Erza instantly picked up that I was hiding something. I decided to break and tell her.

I sighed, "Brain has two personalities, Brain and Zero. My team would keep Zero sealed away but now... now he's free..."

Erza frowned as she thought it over,
"Do you know where he is?"

I shook my head, "no, I don't."

Erza sighed in annoyance and stood up, cracking her neck and shoulders before heading towards the door.

"This is enough for today. Thank you." Erza said and actually turned back and smiled at me before leaving the cell.

That... that stupid girl.

I sensed Cobra leave with Erza and let out a sigh, I had to keep my thoughts focused while that damn snake was nearby. Their strategy was smart on some level but too basic.