Chapter 3. Trust

Unedited

No ones POV

Levy sat outside of Natsus door quietly as she stared at it, Natsu had, had another panic attack earlier and went on another mad dash so they were forced to lock him in his room.

Natsu sat at the window sadly with a blanket wrapped around him, he was exhausted but was too scared to close his eyes in fear of the nightmares returning.

Levy offered to listen to him talk about his nightmares because he wasn't very comfortable around his psychiatrist but he wouldn't talk to Levy either.

The only way they could get him to talk or hold a conversation was if he was with Gray, but even then he was rather disconnected and could never focus.

Gray was currently being interrogated, the Fairy Fighters were still asking him a lot of questions about his past but everything was going well.

He was allowed to visit Natsu once every two days for a max of ten hours, Gray didn't argue bit it was still unbearable staying away from Natsu.

Natsus psychiatrist was actually an ex-servant named Mira-Jane, she was very nice and patient with Natsu (especially with his stuttering) and did what she could even though she wasn't a proper psychiatrist but she was the best that they had.

Natsu stared down at his hand and watched as small flames flickered across it but he still couldn't light his whole fist aflame.

Natsus POV

I let out an unsuccessful sigh and let my hand drop down lazily onto my thigh, I just couldn't do it anymore- I'm not a Dragon Slayer... Igneel would be disappointed in me.

The wind howled outside and my windows rattled slightly as they was blown by the strong winds, it had rained a few times but right now it was just the icy cold wind.

A small draft of wind blew through a part of the window and I shivered, pulling the blanket around me tightly.

I slouched down against the wall feeling completely drained, I haven't slept in the past few nights but now I can't resist, my eyes fell close and I was soon greeted with the horrors of sleeping.
-
Natsus eyes opened and he stood up, the ground was cold and hard. He looked around and noticed that he was in some sort of concrete room.

Panic spread through him and his breath began to quicken, this room was too familiar for his liking.

"Naaatsu~" a voice sung and his surroundings grew dark making it hard for Natsu to see.

His eyes darted around the darkness as he backed up to one of the walls,

"Natsu!" A voice yelled and hands grabbed his shoulders and shoved him forward, Natsu screamed as he tripped and crashed into the concrete.

He looked up with fear as shadowy figures surrounded him,

"Naaatsu." They groaned repeatedly and raised their arm and brought a whip wrapped in barbed wire down on him.

Screams tore out his throat as the wire stabbed into his skin and ripped it off, Natsu curled into a ball as the voices grew louder and he felt them shaking his body roughly.

"Natsu..."

"Natsu!"

"NATSU!"
-
Natsu awoke with a final scream as he shot up and his fists lit on fire, he started swinging them around blindly until a figure grabbed his wrists and held him still.

"Natsu! It's me!" They panted and Natsus eyes softened before a sob escaped his raw throat and tears spilled from his eyes.

Gray pulled him into a tight hug and Natsu sobbed into his shoulder violently, slowing drenching Grays shirt.

Gray body was cold but Natsu didn't care, as long as he had something solid to hang on to then he did. Not. Care.

Gray sat there with Natsu for an hour, softly stroking his hair until he calmed down so that Gray could help him.

Gray pulled a container out of his pocket and took a pill out before carefully placing it in Natsus hands,

"Levy said that it would be best if you took one of these before you slept. It will stop the bad dreams." Gray told him softly and Natsu gave him a cautious nod before putting it in his mouth and swallowing it dry.

Gray them helped Natsu back into bed and lay with him as Natsu began to get sleepy,

"Goodnight." He whispered and kissed his forehead as Natsu finally fell into a dreamless sleep.

Gray reluctantly got up and left Natsu, he left the room to find Levy and Gajeel waiting for him, she had thick bags under her eyes as she gave him an exaughsted smile,

"he took the sleeping pill." Gray told them and they both sighed with relief,

"Thank god. Levy wouldn't leave until he took the pill." Gajeel chuckled,

"I noticed something else," Gray said and they gave him a confused look,

"What do you mean?" Levy asked curiously,

"When I first came into his room there was embers flying around and when he woke his fists lit on fire. I think that Natsu is slowly getting his magic back." Gray smiled and Gajeel pumped his fist in the air.

"Gajeel, I'm going to need you to start training Natsu once his mental stability rises and he gains more weight." Levy told Gajeel with a yawn,

"Yeah. Of course I will Levy." Gajeel smile down at her,

"Meanwhile, Gray you are Natsus rope. I need you to help Natsu because he trusts you the most."

"I plan to." Gray nodded and Gajeel picked Levy up and held her in his arms as she was on the verge of passing out from exaughstion.

"Everything's gonna work out." Gajeel smiled at Gray, Gray smiled back and gave him a small nod before Gajeel turned on his heel and took Levy back to her room.

Gray let out a sigh am rubbed his eyes, he quickly poked his head back into Natsus room to make sure he was okay before groggily making his way to his own room to settle down for the night.