Epilouge

Natsu hummed a soft tune as he filled a large pot with water in the kitchen sink. Calmly watching the torrent of water swirl into the pot as it rose.

He pushed the tap and stopped the water, heaving the pot off of the bench to the stove. Gray was currently in the shower, taking his own time to relax under the cold water.

However, the bang and short shriek in the kitchen was loud enough for him to hear. He awkwardly staggered out of the shower, grabbing a towel and throwing around his waist as he ran into the kitchen.

Natsu was on his knees, hunched over as he quickly tried to dry the spilt water with a bunch of napkins.

"Natsu, are you okay? What happened?" Gray asked, hurrying over and kneeling next to him.

"I-It slipped that's all." Natsu said quickly, not even looking up to meet Gray's eyes.

Gray looked at Natsu's hands, one of which was shaking badly and he understood why. He took the shaking hand in his own which made Natsu go still.

Gray calmly examined the black, yellow, orange and red knitted bracelet that wrapped around Natsu's wrist. It was a gift from Levy, made to cover the bold scar that ran across his wrist.

While Natsu's magic was almost completely unaffected by it, the strength in his wrist was greatly affected. Sometimes the nerve damage wound result in his hand going slack, that's why he dropped the pot.

"C'mon, Natsu. Don't worry about that." Gray said softly, running a caring hand across his cheek.

Natsu thought for a second and then gave a small nod. Gray smiled reassuringly and stood up, helping Natsu up with him.

The two walked into their bedroom hand in hand, one so that Gray could actually dry off and get dressed and two so that Natsu could change out of his drenched clothes. The two spoke little as they did so, Natsu still a little shaken up and Gray lost in thought.

They lazily crashed onto the couch, Gray pulling Natsu closer to him and wrapping him in his arms. He pressed light kisses into Natsu's hair which had finally grown back over the year they spent together.

"Natsu, are you okay?" Gray asked in a soft voice.

Natsu gave a small nod, "Yeah, I think I'm okay."

Natsu answered truthfully, he turned his head and twisted his body so that he could press a kiss to Gray's lips, Gray didn't hesitate to kiss back. Even though the kiss was short lived, it was still passionately and gave them both a sensation of pure bliss.

Natsu lay between Gray's legs, his head resting comfortably on his chest and his eyes closed. Gray's hands rested in Natsu's hair, stroking the soft pink tufts as he watched him.

"Natsu." Gray said gently.

Natsu cracked an eye open to look at him and at that moment Gray was so, so in love with him.

"Yeah?" He breathed quietly.

Gray smiled, "I love you."

Natsu blushed lightly and smiled, looking away, "I love you too."

Natsu would always get flustered uin situations like these, which was something that Gray loved.

Gray loved everything about Natsu, he always had and he knew that he always would.

Gray loved every scar on his body, he loved the sound of his voice, the feel of his lips against his own, his smooth skin, his crooked smile, his soft hair. Gray loved Natsu.

And Natsu, he loved Gray too.

And here the two lay in each others arms, both in a loving sleep free of nightmares that regularly clouded the minds of the couple. Together, they were safe, for ever and always.

Grab and Natsu never adopted kids, they thought that it wouldn't end well. The two did live secret lives far out in the forest and the two weren't the most stable people to raise a child.

So instead, Wendy, Levy and Gajeel brought them a dog.

-The End-