Touches

Jason's P.O.V

*Flashback*

(A/N: 7 months ago, when Jason first saw Maya)

I'm walking down the street, trying to clear my mind. We had a meeting discussing the new deal we received from John Calmer, a good friend of mine. We have to relocate to Vegas for that deal. For some reason I don't want to leave, I like it here in Miami. Whatever.

Halting my movements, I quickly pull a new package of cigarettes out of my jacket. It's actually been some months, since I've last smoked. The reason being that it really affected my lungs badly. I was literally smoking a whole package of cigarettes a day or even more. They calm me down and it's almost impossible for me to resist the toxic substance.

My thumb wonder gently over the little red-white box in my left hand, down to the clearly warning words: Smoking kills. 

I have nothing to lose right?
Not thinking twice, I open the box and pull out a cigarette, placing it between my chapped lips. I put the package back into the inner pocket of my jacket and take out my gold lighter, still having the cigarette between my lips. After lighten it I inhale the amazing substance deeply and close my eyes as the stress began to slither away almost instantly.

Damn, I missed this so much.

Taking some more strokes, I keep walking down the street till I saw a Café where my mother often came with me. Sometimes I'd just go there for some time for myself or when I feel the need to escape reality for a little while. When I was a kid I loved it to be there, but now it's just a distant little memory.

When I finally arrived, I let my now smoked cigarette fall down on the street. Outing it with my right foot, I now take a seat outside of the Café and for a couple of minutes I just sit there watching random people walk by carrying out their day.

"MAYA!" A childish voice yells from inside of the Café. I turn my head around to see a little guy with black curls pointing at a sort of ice cream. It's cotton candy, my favorite, I think to myself.

My eyes travel to the girl next to him, who I presume to be Maya. But I can't see her face clearly so I turn my head a bit to the side to see more of her face and in that moment she turns around and now I have a perfect view of her.

.. damn

"Here it is." Maya smiles at him giving him his ice cream. "Don't you want one too?" He asks looking up to her. Then Maya knees down to the little guy so she's at his height. "Of course I will." She giggles giving him a kiss on his cheek, making me chuckle.

After taking her ice cream they both walk to a table near the window. I couldn't help but starr at her, feeling different emotions in my body as I watch Maya. Weird Feelings I never experienced before. How can she have such an effect on me?, I ask myself. I get uncomfortable on my chair so I decide to stand up.

A couple of minutes pass by and I still stand here, watching her. I was thinking if I should talk to her, but what should I say? But before I could do anything, I see them walking out of the Café. Thank god they haven't noticed me.

She takes a hold of the little guys hand and they both walk down the street. Before thinking twice I start to follow them. The way she walks while her hips swing from left to right drive me insane. Couple of minutes passed and I look around if anyone has noticed me, but since a lot of people are here - no one did.