Never say never

Mayas P.O.V

It's Saturday morning, 11am and I'm nervously pacing back and forth throughout my room. From right to left and left to right.

"No!" I think to myself. "I'm not going!"

Jason texted me last night, wanting to go to a basketball game today. And me being the person I am, I said I'm not going of course! But I definitely know that he'll come and will take me with him. Whether I want to or not.

Anyways, I am not letting that happen. He can't take control over me. I promised myself to not have any contact with Jason anymore. And yes, I know that I'm still answering his text messages and I really hate myself for doing that.

Every time his name pops up on my display I get this weird feeling that erupts in my stomach. I don't know if I should hate or love this feeling. I just feel the need to answer him. There were times where I literally stared at my display for hours, just thinking whether I should answer or not. But I just can't resist not talking to him.

Even though I told Jason to not text me anymore, he still does...

Obviously..

I'm at that point where I really don't know what to do anymore. I sigh and lie down on m freshly-made-bed. Looking around my room I catch sight of an outfit I've put out the day before for today..

Would Jason like it?

Ugh why do I even care? I shouldn't..

The basketball game is actually not my only worry. The other message he sent me drove me crazy. I thought about it all night..

"And I like you babe"

I read the message frustratingly over and over again. Maybe he's just joking around like always, right? Or does Jason really have feelings for me? No.. he can't..

But why do I care so much?

Again!

No. It doesn't matter if he likes me or not, right? Because there will never be something between us.

*buzz* I hear my phone receive a message. I sigh again and stand up from my bed, walking to my night stand where my phone is on. I press the home button and see that I've received a message from Jason.

Surprised? Not really.

"Good morning Sunshine;)"

I read the text and got that weird tingly feeling again. I stared at the display and asked myself the same question I've been asking myself every time Jason sent me texts.

Should I answer?

I told myself to not let Jason take me with him. And I probably can tell him multiple times that I don't want to go or don't want anything to do with him, but he won't listen.

Maybe I should tell him that personally..

You just want to see him again Maya, don't you? That annoying voice in the back of my mind asks me.

But before I could think about that question I got another message.

"Are you awake?"

I start to think. What should I do? On one side I want to go to the game since I have nothing planned to do today and it could be fun.. I guess. Well actually.. the main reason why I want to go is because I want to know if Jason really has feelings for me..

I sigh and open our chat without hesitation.

*Texts*

Good morning sunshine;)