Mission 5: Car Chase

Your POV

I ran to the driver's seat as fast as I could. I could hear Laurance's footsteps in quick pursuit behind me.

"What happened!?" KC shouted, jumping into the passenger's seat.

"Well, I was going to finish it here, but then his friend walked in," I explained and slammed my foot down on the gas pedal,  speeding the car forwards. "His friend was, unfortunately, a secret agent, too."

"Ah, so you were outnumbered?"

I nodded. "Exactly. I would've gladly taken them on, but I don't know how strong the other guy was."

"Well, yeah, that, but we also don't know if Clyde would've been okay with you taking on another Shadow Knight who wasn't on the list."

A white car came skidding in front of us and I slammed on the brakes. KC and I flew forward, but I threw my hand over her and pushed us both back into our seats.

I put the car in reverse and started driving backward as fast as I could. "It's Laurance and the other guy!" KC cried in panic.

I got into a big enough opening and turned the car around so fast that the tires screeched against the asphalt.

I slammed on the gas again. I looked in the rearview mirror to see that they were following close behind.

A devilish smile was on Laurance's lips as he trailed us.

"KC, find out if I can get rid of this guy, I might be able to smash them both into a wall or something." I turned a sharp corner and was relieved when we started losing them.

Now that we were at a safer distance, I noticed that the car was an Aston Martin.

(Just imagine that it's green instead of blue

(Just imagine that it's green instead of blue.)

"Gemini, find a route to Miss Liao's house." Gemini was the computer program installed into all of my cars and my house.

Each member of the elite crew was given a random zodiac sign as their program. At the moment, there were only nine members, including Clyde, so there were still three more signs.

"Calculating fastest route home."

"Oh, yeah, Gemini," the car beeped in response. "We're being chased by Laurance Zvahl's Aston Martin."

She spoke again. "Searching... I will find a route to lose Laurance Zvahl." As long as there was a computer in Laurance's car, Gemini would be able to track it.