Mission 10: Bacon, Eggs, and Pancakes

Your pov

I jolted into a sitting position; cold sweat running down my face, hands trembling.

I took a couple deep breaths in an attempt to calm myself down. After a couple of my memories started to fade to the back of my head, I looked around the strange, new room I was in.

I was in a queen-size bed with white and grey sheets. There was a desk to my right, and a night stand and closet to the left. The door was right in front of me.

I got out of the bed and looked out the window. I was somewhere downtown.

The scent of bacon and eggs filled my nose. There was someone else here... cooking.

I tip-toed to the door and stuck my head out.

The apartment was huge. The whole place was white and light grey. Everything was just so... bright.

I left my room and wandered to what looked like the living room. There were three steps to the left of the living room leading to the kitchen.

I slowly went up them to see a man with brown hair... shirtless.

He was over the stove flipping pancakes with his back to me.

He must have known I was staring because he turned around and smiled.

"Morning, sleepy head," he said, his voice deep.

"Laurence!" I growled.

"That's my name."

"Where... am I?" I asked, walking over to the bar stools.

"Welcome to my place." He moved his hands in a dramatic gesture as if he was showing me his entire place.

"Okay... and why I'm I here?" I asked, hopping up on the bar stool closest to the right.

"Well last night we-- Wait you don't remember?"

Oh my Irene, what did we do. Is that why he's shirtless!?

"I abs-olutely don't remember." 'His abs were smexy..!' "Did w-we..."

He realized what I was implying. He leaned up against the island and gave me a wicked smirk.

"'Did we' what angel?" he asked, his voice innocent. The expression on his face said otherwise.

"Laurance, dammit!" He let out a loud laugh before locking eyes with me.

"No, sadly, we didn't do anything. We went on the mission together last night at the ball. After you passed out from the serum, I brought you back here."

All the memories of last night started coming back to me.

"Yes... I'm starting to remember." He nodded and turned his back to me to start cooking again.

"Hey, are you okay? You're shaking."

I looked down at my hands and I was. I guess I haven't shaken the feeling from my nightmare off yet.

"Yeah, I'm fine... just a bad dream." He didn't turn around, he just kept cooking.

There was silence.

"Oh, yeah, I brought your bag up and your phone was in it. It was going off all night and all morning. I just ended up muti-"

I jumped out of the chair, which caught him off guard and he jumped in surprise.

"Where is it?!"

"In the room you slept in."

I ran back to the room and ravaged through my bag 'till I found it.