Mission 19: Brother

Your POV

"(Y/n) Liao. You're the one my brother used to talk so fondly about."

"Your brother still talks of you to this day. It's nice to see you again, Vylad Ro'Meave..."

Vylad Ro'Meave. Part of the Shadow Knights elite crew. He's the youngest out of his three brothers, Zane and Garroth. Vylad wasn't amazing at sharpshooting, he specialized in hand-on-hand combat. Lucky for him, so do I, or, I should say, how unlucky for him.

I noticed that Vylad was shuffling his feet. I smirked.

"Scared, Vylad?"

"As if," he scoffed.

"Alright, little Ro'Meave, how d'you want to do this?"

He laughed and tilted his head to the side. "I heard that you're skilled in hand-on-hand combat."

"Skilled? Tch, please, I practically invented it," I boasted.

The corners of his mouth twitch."Alright then, let's set some rules."

'This sounds interesting...'

"No weapons, no mercy."

He dropped his gun and knife to the floor. I couldn't help but smile.

I shoved down the sick feeling crawling up in my stomach and grinned. "Alright, Ro'Meave."

I did the same dropping my weapons as they clattered on the ground.

"Prepare to lose, Liao," he jeered.

"We'll see about that."As soon as the words left my mouth we charged at each other.

Vylad's fist immediately flew to the side of my head. I swiftly turned and struck his side. I didn't have the time to catch my breath. Vylad quickly recovered and kicked out his foot. He hooked it around my leg and threw me to the ground. I groaned.

I heard him coming from behind me. I turned sharply and kicked him in the stomach. Vylad reflexively extended his arm out to punch me before doubling over in pain. I held a steady stance as he stood straight.

"You know," he said. "I would have never thought a girl like you could fight this well. You know how girls are..." Vylad flashed a smirk. "Weak and pathetic."

My blood boiled. It was guys like him who made me mad. I growled and flew at him. I jumped into the air and kicked him in the face. Vylad's head jerked to the side. I didn't waste a second. I kept kicking and punching at him, a groan leaving his lips as soon as I inflicted pain upon him. Vylad kept backing up, trying to get enough space between us so that he could fire an attack. I wouldn't give him a chance to do that. He deserved no mercy.

I lifted my leg again to kick, but he suddenly has an iron grip on my ankle. A smirk is on Vylad's face when he twists my leg painfully and flips me to the floor.

I seemed to be paralyzed as Vylad grabbed my arm and held it behind my back. He leaned down.

"You thought you could beat me, didn't you," he whispers into my ear.

"I will not be beaten that easily," I say forcefully, trying to break out of his grip. I felt my bones strain as he pushed my elbow closer to my shoulder blades.

Vylad laughed. "You will be going down. I'm not easily beaten as well."

Incoherent shouts poured out of my mouth as he continued to pull on my arm, almost to the point of breaking it. Almost.

"I am... not going... down..." I whispered.

"You will be once I break your arm. I've done it before, I can do it again." I kicked my foot up, hitting Vylad in the neck. Vylad instantly let go of my arm and topples off of me, cradling the back of his head. "You little brat," he spat.

I stretched my arm out above my head and sighed, the tension being released from my arm. "I'm not letting you break a part of me without a proper fight."

To make sure he would stay down I gave him a good kick to the stomach. He fell to his hands and knees.

I bent down and placed my hand on his cheek and lifted his face up so he was making eye contact with me.

"Don't ever underestimate me, girls, or the Divine," I teased softly.

He gritted his teeth, trying to compose his anger.

"I would love to snap your neck right here and now, but your life is not in my hands, it's in your brother's. Whether you live or die, is up to him."

"You foolish girl, you're just going to let me go."

I smiled wickedly and walked behind him. "I didn't say that did I?"

With one swift move I brought my hand down on his neck and he was knocked out cold.

After I finished tying him up I called Clyde and told him of the situation. He sent Garroth to retrieve me and Vylad.

I leaned him against a huge metal box in the middle of the huge room. As I took a better look at him it was clear he was adopted. He looked nothing like Garroth, but at the same time, you could feel that they had grown up together.

Before Garroth joined the Divine he though the same things about girls. They were weak and needed men to protect them. After he earned a beating from Katlyn and me he knew he was incredibly mistaken.

I was pulled from my thoughts as someone grabbed my waist making me jump.

"Kyaa~!!!"

There was familiar laughing as I spun around. "Garroth! You scared me!!"

"It's your fault for being an easy target. When you're in thought anyone can scare you." He laughed more until he noticed his brother.

"Oh, Vyald." He sighed.

He picked him up and tossed him over his shoulder.

"Ready to go home?" He asked already knowing the answer.

"Let's go!"

We arrived back at the Divines offices and put the still knocked out Vyald in are prison on the 20th floor. We had someone from the medical wing bandage him up.

"Congratulations on completing the mission." I was meeting Clyde in his office before I got to go home.

"I can't believe Garroth caught the head of the building and not me." I pouted.

"Haha, you were busy with an elite crew member."

"I hope you know we can only get away with this for so long. The Shadow Knights won't play along like this is just a game between elite crews."

"I'm well aware. War may be upon us. For now just focus on the mission at hand."

I nodded. "Yes, sir. I should get going it's late."

"Have a goodnight (Y/n) see you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow old man."

A/n
Hey guys!! Looks like the underwater mission finally wrapped up. There's some brother drama going on! Will see what happens with them next time. There's something huge coming up with Laurance~Senpai!!

Till next time Selena~Chan out!