Mission 7: Dance With Me

Your POV

"You ladies be careful, alright?" Travis winked at me before I stepped out of the car.

"Right. We've got this!" He chuckled.

I walked up the marble stairs and stopped at a pair of huge, dark-wood doors.

"You ready?"

Aphmau was wearing a beautiful off-the-shoulder dress. The form-fitting shape of the dress accentuated her curves and the way her hair was curled really framed her face.

"Ready." With that, we pushed the huge doors open.

We were in a huge room with a high ceiling and a glass chandelier hanging in the middle. There were two staircases leading off the balcony to the back. A bar was on the left, with tables, and a buffet was on the right. A huge dance floor was in the middle and a DJ booth close to the back.

The whole room was decorated in black and white. All the girls were wearing white, elegant dresses, and the guys in expensive black tuxedos.

Aphmau and I had decided that we would split up. I had the left side, close to the bar, and she had the right.

I walked around a bit until I arrived at the bar and sat down on a stool. The bartender was a guy around my age with dark hair. Attractive, if I do say so myself.

"What can I get for you, beautiful?"

"A glass of red wine for now. Just give me the most expensive one you have."

He popped open a bottle and handed me a glass with the dark red liquid swimming inside.

"Only the finest for you." He smiled and I took a sip.

I smiled, satisfied with the taste. "It's great, thank you."

"Something strong." I turned my head to the somewhat familiar sounding male voice. When our eyes met, I knew exactly who it was.

"It's you!" We both shouted in sync.

I scowled. "What are you doing here!?"

"I was just about to ask you the same thing."

I growled as a smirk appeared on his face as he looked me up and down.

"Well, since you're here, (Y/n), want to dance?" He asked in a flirtatious voice.

"I wouldn't dance with you, Gene, if we were the last people alive."

"Damn... so harsh for such a pretty face."

A scotch was slid across the bar and into Gene's hands. He took a swig and smiled. Almost like he had some sort of really bad idea.

"Why are you here?" He suddenly asked after some awkward silence.

"I'm here on a mission, that's all you need to know."

"Same. Does it have something to do with the blood gang?"

I paused for a moment. "Yes."