Mission 31: Forbidden

Your POV

Gene being the cocky bastard that he is made the first move.

He whipped out his gun and fired straight at me. I ducked out of the way.

"Everyone draw your guns! Take shelter and fire!"

Everyone did as I said. We all ducked behind triangle glass panels and hide behind walls.

The Shadow Knights followed shortly. Aaron and I had it out for each other tonight. He was firing at me from across the roof. Once I did the same he would duck behind the wall.

All at once, everything stopped. The gunshots seized.

"Looks like everyone's out of bullets?" Nicole questioned with a smirk.

"This is what we want, people." I smirked.

The Shadow Knights mainly did hit missions. They deal with drugs, weapons, and other gangs. Meaning that they used weapons more than their hands.

The Divine, however, dealt with contact missions. Everything gets up close and personal. All of our elite members specialize in hand on hand combat.

We all got into ready positions. I clenched my fists and steadied my feet.

I made the first move. Zane was closest to me. I threw a fist at him. He grabbed it and put me in an arm lock.

"Long time no see, (Y/n)."

I threw my head back, hitting his nose. He let go of my arm and stumbled back.

"It's been so long since me, you, and your brothers all sat in the same room. I miss that."

He went for a roundhouse kick and I jumped. I grabbed his shoulders and threw him down on my knee.

"You know it's too late for that, (Y/n)."

He elbowed me in the stomach. I stumbled back. Before I could recover, he punched me in the jaw.

Before he could get another hit I grabbed his fist. I went to hit his jaw but he stopped mine.

We pushed hard, both sliding back.

"It's only too late if you say it's too late, Zane."

I caught him off guard and kicked him in the stomach. He stumbled back.

"(Y/n)!" It was Garroth.

"Let me take over." I nodded at his request.

I stepped back. I needed to assess the situation.

Once I stood back from the fight, I noticed Aaron was standing smugly on the other side of the roof.

So his team was outnumbered and he still chose to sit out.

He saw me looking at him and smiled. He didn't plan on fighting today. He would run before he had to fight. The bastard was holding out trying to hide his moves and techniques, while silently watching ours.

And the worst part of it; he knew it pissed me off.

While I was grinding my teeth at Aaron, I didn't notice Gene coming closer to me.

Just as I noticed, it was too late. I didn't have time to stop his punch.

Just before his fist hit me, Garroth tackled him to the ground. He hit him so hard they both rolled on the floor, and when they stopped they both didn't get up.

I ran to Garroth. "Garroth, you're a big idiot!"

"You're the leader, without a leader, the whole mission is a fail." He moaned.