Mission 38: Eyes

Your POV

Dante, as much as I didn't want to believe it, was my prime suspect. The death of the one he loved. Who knew what he had in mind for revenge.

I was still very uncertain about what to do with the information Clyde had given me. Nicole was pregnant.

I think depending on how the rest of these interrogations go. It will depend on if I tell them.

"May we see your gun, Dante?" Laurance questioned.

He nodded and placed it on the table.

It was dented up and had several scuffs on it.

"What were you doing the night of the incident?" I asked cautiously.

"I-I was."

"You were?" I urged him on.

"I was on the phone with Kawaii~Chan."

"KC?" Laurance asked. "That's the pink haired cat girl right?"

I nodded. "She had family matters to attend to. I sent her off on a little vacation. She should be back any day now."

"She had gotten the news about Nicole. She decided to call me when she found the time. We were just talking about... everything." There was hurt laced in his eyes.

I glanced at Laurance. He looked at Dante sadly then looked at me. He simply shook his head.

"Alright, Dante thank you. No more questions."

He stood from his chair and went to leave the room. Before he could I threw my chair back and wrapped my arm around his torso.

He turned away from the door to face me and hugged back. He both breathed out a breath we didn't know we had been holding in.

Not another word was said as the embrace was released and he left the room.

"(Y/n) everything gets better with time." I felt Laurance's hand on my shoulder.

"I know. This one's going to take a while though." I took a deep breath in. "Go get Aphmau."

I felt his warm comforting hand leave my skin. I took a seat and not too long after he walked back in with the brunette.

"Aphmau." I greeted.

"(Y/n)." She sat down across from me. Laurance stayed standing behind me.

"Your gun." She laid it on the table.

It seemed brand new.

"What were you doing the night off?" I asked.

"I was out for a drive."

"A drive? Why?"

"It helps me calm my nerves. I was having trouble sleeping."

I nodded. "Where did you drive to?"

"I didn't stop anywhere. I drove around downtown."

"Is there anyone that saw you last night to prove what you said?"

"Laurance saw me leave."

"That's true I did."

"What time did she leave?" I asked turning around in my chair.

"Hmm. Maybe around 12:40? It's hard to say."

"In that case, it takes longer than 10 minutes to get to the building. The shooting was at exactly 12:50."

"Thanks, Aph. No more questions."

She got up and left the room.

"Then there was one," Laurance muttered.