Mission 6: A Ball

Your POV

Dear Diary,

The talk with Clyde about the whole, 'Laurance-almost-killed-me' thing didn't go so well... He was all like, "You could have died!" and, "Damn it, (Y/n)!" and, yeah...

After that, though, he gave me a new mission to do with Aphmau! I'm super excited!

So, the mission was to go to some ball at a mansion. There are loads of rich people there, so that means that there's normally a lot of secret intelligence agents, so we'll fit right in.

Our mission was to eliminate a gang on the guest list; they sold drugs, so they made quite a lot of money.

This gang plans to blow the whole place up at 2:00 in the morning when the ball ends. The reason why is because the gang leader's dad owns the mansion and, as you can imagine, there's some bad blood going on.

Travis is going to drive me and Aphmau there because if we left our car there, we could be tracked.

I'm going to meet with the client's daughter at an airport hanger that they own, so I should probably go get ready.

Talk to you later!

I got dressed in a small black crop top and black pants, connecting them with black straps on both sides. To finish it off, I strapped a BB gun to my right side and covered it with a dark gray pea coat.

I went to the garage and hopped into my red Lamborghini.

I figured that this girl was seriously rich, so I was going to dress to impress.

I drove down the highway to the airport hanger.

When I got there, I parked and hopped out of my car. I walked around the hanger until I saw a girl standing on a bridge with her blonde hair up in a ponytail.

I started walking up to her and she turned her body to face me. Her eyes scanned me up and down.

"Well, aren't you a pretty little thing." She started grinning.

"(Y/n) Liao, are you-"

"Sabrina Stradford." She held out her hand and I took it.

We stayed like that for a minute, just staring into each other's eyes. I didn't like the look she was giving me.

"So, the ball is tonight; it starts at 10:30. Your job is simple; the gang consists of 14 members, my brother is the leader. The only one we want alive is him."

"The tone you're giving me makes me feel like you think that we can't handle this."

"That is because I do not think that you can. My father insisted that we hire from your agency. I suggested normal cops, but, no, we had to get ourselves twisted up with you guys."

A smirk grew on my face. "The name 'Stradford' sounds so... familiar." All expression was wiped off of her face. "Ah, yes, your little sister was kidnapped by the Shadow Knights. It was a big ordeal about why they did it."

Her blank face quickly turned into anger. "But the reason that it was such a big thing was that the Shadow Knights killed h-"

"Shut up! What do you know!?"

I smirked. "A lot more than you think, princess."

She was shaking with anger. "I can assure you that the SK's are no friends of mine, either."

That seemed to calm her down.

"Let's say that purple people existed," I started.

"What?!"