²

Exploring
Unedited!

"I just find it very odd how Catherine suddenly hates Mary," Adelaide said as a maid tightened her corset

"I just find it very odd how Catherine suddenly hates Mary," Adelaide said as a maid tightened her corset. "Oh dear, can you loosen it a bit?"

"Yes of course," the maid said.

"Thank you love," Addy said sending the maid a small smile.

Adelaide walked out of the spare room and into her main room where Sebastian stood.

"Look Adelaide, what Catherine feels or anyone feels is none of our business," Bash said to his sister.

"But don't you just wonder?"

"No."

"Fine," Adelaide said picking up her necklace she always wears and putting it on, "be the bore you always were."

Sebastian watched as his sister walked out and leaving him in silence.

♕♚♔♛

Adelaide walked around the castle in silence. Trying not to be noticed by the people around her, which she failed at miserably. Everywhere she went people would talk.

The kings other bastard.

She isn't favored like her brother.

A whore she is.

Not a proper lady at all.

It never bothered her. She was used to it.

She kept walking until she came upon an empty stairwell. She was curious as always and headed up.

As she got closer she heard noises coming from a certain door. She opened the heavy wooden door to see wooden toys scattered about.

'There're no children around' Adelaide thought as she kept creeping closer to the noise.

As she peaked to the other side of the wall she saw her brother, Francis. Working on some swords.

"Francis?"

Francis jumped and quickly turned towards the new voice. He calmed after seeing it was his sister.

"What are you doing here addy," he said as he began to put his swords away.

"I could say the same thing to you brother," Adelaide countered.

"Fine," Francis sighed, "I'm-"

"Francis?"

"Mary," both siblings said as they turned around to face her.

She began to fiddle with her fingers and looked everywhere but Francis eyes. "I didn't know you-"

"What are you doing here?" Francis said as he stepped away from his swords and towards Mary.

"I was exploring," Mary said looking around the room, "these where my old chambers, do you remember?"

"Not anymore, no one comes up here."

"Except you," both Mary and Adelaide said.

Mary looked towards Adelaide, finally taking notice of her presence.

"Ummm," Adelaide said awkwardly rubbing her hands together, "oh would you look at the time, it time for me to go with...um, Bash! Yes bash my dear brother. Other brother I mean. Well uh, toddle loo." She said with an awkward smile.

"See you later Adelaide," Francis said as he returned to his swords.

"Yea don't screw this up brother," Adelaide said as she walked away. Leaving Mary and Francis alone.

♕♚♔♛

As Bash and Mary interacted at the lake, Adelaide watched from a distance. She wasn't supposed to be doing this, she had better things to do than watch her brother flirt with her old friend that seems to not remember her. But she couldn't pass up the chance to taunt him about it later.

She sat on the grass making flower crowns like she used to with Mary. 'Things have changed' Adelaide thought to herself. Once she saw that Mary was no longer by the lake and bash was heading inside that forest she took action. She ran towards him shouting his name.

"Sebastian!"

"What!"

"What the hell do you think you're doing going inside the forest," Adelaide shouted as she got closer to Bash.

"I'm getting Mary's dog," Bash said.

"A dog," Addy said, "you're going into the blood woods that could get you killed to get a dog."

"Yes exactly."

"Can you get anymore stupid," Adelaide said to him bluntly. He simply shrugged and kept walking into the forest. Adelaide sighed and walked towards him, "I'm coming with you."

"No."

"Yes," Adelaide said with a glare, "I know my way through the forest better than you do."

"That's still a no," Bash said stubbornly.

"Who lived with the pagans for half of their life?"

Sebastian stayed quiet.

"Exactly," Adelaide said as she pulled her brother towards the forest.

Adelaide made her way through the forest whistling and shouting out the dogs name.

"Addy are you sure this is a good idea," Bash said as he looked around panicky.

"You're the one that wants to prove to Mary that you're 'good for her," Addy said mockingly.

"What are you talking about."

"Oh please," Addy said rolling her eyes, "you're my twin brother, you can't hide stuff from me."

"I still don't know what you're talking about."

"Im just going to say that you need to be careful of Mary. She's a queen, you're a bastard. This can get you killed," she said as she looked him in the eyes.

"Ok," he said quietly.

Adelaide smiled, "Ok let's go find that dog." She grabbed Bash hand and lead him deeper into the woods.

♕♚♔♛